Our volunteers donate time in various roles across the London Branches: in conservation and collections support, events support, object handling, welcome and administrative support. They also serve as remote field workers. The volunteer programme is open to anyone aged 18 years and above, although there are now a number of weekend volunteering roles within our programme, there are currently no regular evening roles available.
Current roles available:
The Imperial War Museums are looking to expand our team of long term volunteers to help with our customer welcome. Customer Experience Volunteers provide an extra level of service to our visitors providing additional way-finding and historical information about this extraordinary site.
To become a part of this fantastic team of dedicated individuals, and for instructions on how to sign up for our next Selection Day please choose an option below
Why Join the London Branches Volunteer Team?
Volunteering with us gives you the opportunity to discover more about our London Branches, make friends, see behind the scenes, and develop your skills. We ask for a long term commitment of one visit a month for a year and in return we offer:
- Free entry in to all 5 Branches of the IWM (not including air shows at our IWM Duxford branch)
- Discount in our shops and cafes
- Two organised volunteer visits per year
- Annual volunteer recognition event
- Weekly e-newsletter and bi-annual magazine
- Reimbursement of travel expenses up to £10 per day (Short Term Student Placements up to 2 visits per week and UK bank accounts only)