1. What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
This page describes what information they gather, how we use it and why we som
etimes need to store these cookies. We will also tell you how you can prevent these cookies from being stored, but be aware that this may downgrade or 'break' certain elements of the sites functionality.
For more general information on cookies see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
2. How can I control my cookies?
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies and similar technologies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser settings using these instructions.
On our websites, cookies mean a better experience, including enabling a number of functions that would otherwise not be possible.
The information we collect via cookies consists usually of things like IP addresses, sites visited and actions taken. We don’t use them to identify you by name, or record things like email addresses or bank details
We also use analytical performance cookies and to monitor the performance of our websites, for example, to determine the number of page views and the number of unique users a website has.
4. The Cookies We Set
- Survey related cookies
- Form related cookies
When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Functional cookies
These cookies are used to remember your preferences on our websites and to provide enhanced, more personal features. Functional cookies do not track your internet usage or gather information which could be used for selling advertising, but they do help with serving advertising.
5. Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content and analyse patterns of user behaviour. We use that information to enhance your user experience or to identify areas of the website that may require maintenance.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet use. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
Advertising cookies remember that you have visited a website and use that information to provide you with advertising which is tailored to your interests. This is often called online behavioural advertising (OBA) and is done by grouping together shared interests based upon web browsing history. Your web browsing history can be used to infer things about you (e.g. your age, gender etc.), and this information may also be used to make advertising on websites more relevant to you. Without these cookies, online advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and your interests. If you would like more information about OBA, including how to opt out of these cookies, see the section ‘How can I control my cookies?’ below.
Where we associate personal information with necessary cookies, we process this information only for the purpose of our legitimate interest. Where we associate personal information with all other kinds of cookies, we process this information on the basis of your consent.
For more information on Google AdSense cookies see the official Google AdSense.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter and Google products like YouTube, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
6. More information
Cookies can be set for the duration of your visit to the website or for up to two years. The information collected is usually kept for two years.
Find out about all the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them.
This policy is effective from the 25th May 2018.