Help us tell the stories that matter
As a charity IWM relies on a wide range of individuals and organisations to help us continue to tell the personal stories of war and conflict for current and future generations to come.
Our Patrons are a valued part of our IWM family. This community of loyal supporters share our passion for keeping history alive and relevant for future generations. Their philanthropic support allows us to engage and present our vast collections to our over 2.4 million visitors each year through our permanent galleries, thought-provoking exhibitions, digital offerings, IWM Institute and a year long calendar of events and learning programmes designed to offer opportunities to explore, discuss and debate the causes of war and its impact on people’s lives.
Our patrons at our different levels of support engage with all aspects of our work, hearing from curatorial experts and conservation specialists to meeting artists and exploring how we create exhibitions.
Our aim is to help people, as global citizens, make sense of today by having a deeper understanding of the connections between past conflict and the contemporary world. When you join our IWM family as a patron you will become a vital part of our community of supporters, unified by a passion for history and its impact on today’s world.
There are multiple circles of patronage to choose from, with each unlocking unique benefits and bespoke opportunities:
- Exhibitions Circle £1,500 - £2,499 per annum (benefits £491, suggested donation £1,009)
- Learning Circle £2,500 - £4,999 per annum (benefits £746, suggested donation £1,754)
- Conservation Circle £5,000 - £9,999 per annum (benefits £896, suggested donation £4,104)
- Curatorial Circle £10,000 - £19,999 per annum (benefits £1,146, suggested donation £8,854)
Download our Brochure here to see more information on how you can join our community of Patrons and the opportunities this would unlock.
To start a conversation about what your gift could achieve, or for further information about our forthcoming Patrons events, please contact:
Development Manager: Individual Giving
Patrons and their guests enjoy a range of special receptions, such as our Christmas Party held at Churchill War Rooms
Come on boardCome on board
Aboard HMS Belfast for our Annual Summer Party. With live jazz and stunning riverside views, it’s one of the highlights of our events calendar
As part of our lecture series, Patrons and their guests were invited to a panel discussion featuring Lord Alf Dubs and Sir Eric Reich, discussing new perspectives on Kindertransport and how its themes still resonate today.
IWM Chairman's Circle
The Chairman’s Circle Annual, with support starting at £20,000, offers a unique opportunity to develop your own bespoke relationship with IWM based on your specific needs and interests.
For more information please contact Director of Development
Director of Development
IWM Duxford Circle
Our IWM Duxford Circle supporters play a crucial role in the transformation of IWM Duxford. Our ambitions for IWM Duxford match the unique importance of this site and our collections now and for the future. Funding from the Duxford Giving Circle will make the following projects possible:
- A new dynamic visitor programme using the world-class knowledge and enthusiasm of our staff and volunteers to provide face-to-face interpretation of the stories behind the objects on display. Digital imagery, object handling and live presentations will give visitors access to our collections in new ways.
- The conservation of key historical objects, historic buildings and landscapes such as the Victor XH648, our First World War Hangers and technical workshops and our Second World War Control Tower.
- Bring historic Duxford to life through the installation of silhouettes of the people who worked at Duxford between 1917-1961 allowing visitors to engage with their stories and the history that happened on that spot.
- Offer visitors the opportunity to learn more about the science and engineering aspects of Duxford through interactive talks and demonstrations in Hanger 5.
Starting at £20,000 p.a., support through the IWM Duxford Circle offers you a unique way to support these efforts and become more involved with IWM Duxford and the personal stories it tells.
To learn more about how you can play a crucial role in helping IWM tell the personal stories of Duxford - a witness to and living part of history - please contact:
IWM Director of Development
We're part of the Funding Regulator.