Museums | Airfield | Ship | Bunker
Our locations provide commercial film, TV, photography and creative advertising shoot experiences that engage emotions and tell many different stories.
We have diverse portfolio of filming spaces, including a wartime bunker, a Second World War battleship, an airfield and two stunning modern museums.
We also offer many behind-the-scenes areas and out-buildings, including a former Victorian orphanage, a Second World War-era cinema, aircraft hangars, former chapels, basements, roofs with views of London, research rooms, archive stacks, and many corridors, fire exits and offices.
Contact our team:
IWM London, Churchill War Rooms, HMS Belfast and All Saints Building: 0207 416 5392 or email email@example.com
IWM Duxford: 01223 499 310 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
IWM North: 020 7091 3045 or email NorthFilming@iwm.org.uk
Churchill War Rooms
Second World War historic rooms providing period settings including winding corridors, operational map rooms, secret offices, period furniture and imposing desks.
Historic ship and recognisable London landmark with original Engine Room, Admiral’s Bridge, radar and gun turrets, mess desks and hammocks, 1950s bunks and officer’s sea cabins, kitchen, hospital surgery and remembrance chapel.
HMS Belfast also provides a location backdrop to Tower Bridge, Tower of London, the vibrant South Bank and the City of London.
Stunning modern museum interior with historic aircraft, large public areas and imposing staircases combined with ionic columned Georgian exterior and domed chapel.
Remarkable modern architecture, stunning waterfront location, spectacular views. Impressive selection of historic objects and vehicles in large open plan museum galleries.
The best-preserved Battle of Britain airfield in Britain, we not only have a range of 1930s and 1940s buildings, but also house a variety of static and airworthy aircraft, as well as a large collection of military vehicles - some of which are in running condition.
Features include historic aircraft and hangars, cinema and 1940s operations Room. Fully operational control Tower and airfield.
Our locations are now open and available for commercial filming. If you are interested in filming at one of our sites in the coming months, or would like any information about filming at IWM, please contact a member of our team, who will be happy to help.
Our top priority is the wellbeing of our staff, volunteers and visitors. We are working hard to ensure that social distancing measures are being put in place to protect ours and your teams. You can find out more below about the steps we are taking to ensure measures are being followed, whilst also ensuring the most excellent experience whilst filming at IWM.
Yes, IWM sites are now open and available for filming. Although HMS Belfast remains closed to visitors, she is still available for commercial filming projects.
We are a film friendly organisation, so please get in touch with a member of our team to discuss your next filming project.
Your safety is our priority. We have put measures in place, in line with advice from the UK government, to ensure that our staff, volunteers and guests are safe, and have an excellent experience whilst filming at IWM. Please see what we’re doing below:
- Increased cleaning procedures are in place to ensure that we provide you with a clean and safe location in which to work.
- Our facilities are regularly checked and cleaned to ensure our handwashing facilities are clean and fully stocked with hand soap, sanitiser and paper towels.
- Our staff who regularly engage with visitors will be provided with the appropriate PPE equipment. We encourage all crews to supply additional PPE for your cast and crew so we can help keep each other safe.
- We offer out of hours filming in order to increase the space available to you and minimise the number of people onsite.
- Each space is different, although we have reduced our capacities down in each space to ensure you have as much space as possible, so you and your crew can safely socially distance whilst on location.
- Each location is unique and may have slightly different measures in place to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and guests. You will be provided with a full site induction by a member of our team, and we will show you your nearest handwashing facilities, exits and any site specific measures that have been put in place.
- Our team are here to help, although we will ensure our teams respect social distancing measures and keep 2m away from your cast and crew.
- We are here to help each other, and so we ask that you respect our site specific policies and allow sufficient planning time in advance of filming.
Each of our sites is unique, and each location has slightly different measures in place, although we have made every effort to make our sites safe, and film friendly. We’re here to help, so please get in touch with a member of our team to talk about your next project.
We ask all crews that come on site to respect social distancing measures, sector recommendations and any site specific measures that they are informed of by staff.
We will ask crews to provide a risk assessment which includes measures taken to avoid the spread of COVID-19, and ensure that they are taking the proper measures.
We also ask that you be open and honest with us, and ensure that no one who is displaying symptoms, or that anyone who has been in contact with someone displaying symptoms, is coming on to our sites.
Please help us by using hand sanitiser, washing hands thoroughly, observing social distancing markers, and where possible, please bring and use your own PPE. Together we can make filming as safe as possible during unprecedented times.
Following government and Public Health England guidance, if you have a temperature, cough, loss of taste or smell, or shortness of breath, please do not attend filming to protect our staff, visitors and your colleagues.
If you have any of the above symptoms, you should self-isolate.
For more advice and information on COVID-19 symptoms, please check the official websites below: