We are committed to ensuring IWM London is accessible to all visitors, and hope the facilities we have introduced enhance your visit:
- Wheelchairs are available for loan, free of charge. Please contact us or telephone 020 7416 5000, to reserve a wheelchair.
- Step-free access to the museum is via the West Entrance. If you're looking at the front of the building, the West entrance is located on the right-hand side of the building, just past the café entrance.
- All lifts in the museum are wheelchair accessible and have audio announcements. Most lifts have braille signage.
- A warm welcome to Guide dogs and registered assistance dogs. Water bowls can be provided at the café on level 0.
- Designated parking bays for blue badge holders. Please contact us or telephone 020 7416 5000 to reserve a space at least two days before your visit (subject to availability).
- Accessible toilets are located on levels 0 – 3.
- Our Changing Places facility is located adjacent to the male public toilets on level 0.
- The key can be obtained from the information desk on level 0.
- Please note that the facility is not staffed and that users must bring their own slings.
- The maximum weight limit of the hoist is 200kg. Operating instructions are displayed inside the room.
- Large print e-books for the First World War Galleries are available in a Word document, for Kindle and other devices.
- Subtitles are shown on all audio-visual presentations.
- Audio descriptive guides for the First World War Galleries, The Lord Ashcroft Gallery and The Holocaust Exhibition are available from the Information Desk on level 0.
- Free live audio described tour with guide of our First World War Galleries is available for visually impaired and blind people. Tours are approximately 40 minutes long. Please contact us or telephone 020 7091 3157 to book a live audio described tour (subject to availability).
- A tactile map for the First World War exhibition is located at the beginning of the Gallery.
- Seating is available on levels 0, 2, 3 and 5.
- If you have any queries or need any assistance on site, please ask. We will be more than happy to help you.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss any access issues please contact us.
BSL at IWM London
BSL at IWM London
There are English subtitles on all films and interactive media throughout the museum.
There’s a short introductory film in BSL with subtitles at the start of the First World War Galleries