- For help before you visit call us on 020 7416 5000 or contact us
- For help during your visit ask at our Information Desk, located on Level 0
Step-free access to the museum via the West Entrance. If you're looking at the front of the building, the West entrance is located on the right hand side of the building, just past the café entrance.
- Free parking is available on site for blue badge holders, subject to availability
- Book your space by contacting us or by calling 020 7416 5000
- Parking must be booked two working days in advance
- Free wheelchairs for loan, subject to availability
- Booking in advance is recommended, contact us or call 020 7416 5000
- Fixed seating on level 0 by the Information Desk, by the cafe and by the toilets
- Fixed seating on level 2 next to the Steve McQueen art work
- Fixed seating on level 3 in the art galleries
- Fixed seating on level 5 in the Lord Ashcroft Gallery
- Portable, lightweight folding stools available from the Information Desk on level 0
- All lifts in the museum are wheelchair accessible and have audio announcements
- Most lifts include braille signage
10 accessible toilets located on levels 0 - 3
Blind and Visually Impaired Visitors
Guide and Assistance dogs welcome in the museum
Large Print Guides
- Large print texts for The Holocaust exhibition are available from the Information Desk on level 0
- Large print e-books for the First World War Galleries in a Word document, for Kindle and other devices
Audio Descriptive Guides (Handset)
- Audio descriptive guides for the First World War Galleries, The Lord Ashcroft Gallery and The Holocaust Exhibition available from the Information Desk on level 0
Descriptive Tours of the First World War Galleries during opening hours
- Free live audio described tour with guide of our First World War Galleries for visually impaired and blind people
- Tours for a maximum of two people (carers welcome). For larger groups, please enquire.
- Tours approximately 40 minutes long. Available subject to staff availability. Please call 020 7091 3157 or contact us to find out more.
- Book in advance. Call 020 7091 3157 or contact us.
- If you need information on the day ask at the Information Desk on Level 0.
- First World War exhibition tactile map at the beginning of the Galleries
- The Holocaust Exhibition objects from our handling collection are available. Please ask at the Information Desk on level 0 for more information.
BSL at IWM London
BSL at IWM London
There are English subtitles on all films and interactive media throughout the museum.
There’s a short introductory film in BSL with subtitles at the start of the First World War Galleries