"We are a unique, enthusiastic group of young people aged 14-19 who work at Imperial War Museums to inspire the next generation."
The Youth Advisers met monthly to provide a fresh perspective on different aspects of the museum. Through their involvement with IWM, they also aimed to attract more young people to visit.
"This is a fantastic opportunity for us to have our voices heard, to gain skills for employment and to meet other like minded young people. We all have a passionate approach to every project with which we are involved."
Youth Advisers manifesto
- To give young people a recognised voice in IWM and through this offer a fresh look at IWM's ways of working and IWM's collections.
- To get more young people between the ages of 14-19 involved in IWM independently
- To work on at least two corporate plan priority projects - such as leading exhibitions or key events - throughout the year
- To continue to develop and make IWM Youth Advisers more self-sufficient in the future
- To develop new skills and build an active IWM youth community
Behind the scenes
- Explore the Youth Advisers photo gallery
- Watch a film about the IWM Youth Advisers
- Read the Youth Advisers' blog posts on the Transforming IWM London blog
- Watch New Perspectives films made at IWM Summer School in 2013
- Watch Hear My Story films made at IWM Summer School in 2014
- Watch Home Front Memories films made at IWM Summer School in 2015
- Watch Moving Stories films made at IWM Summer School in 2016.