At present no image of this war memorial is available for online display. If you have a photograph of this war memorial, please upload it via our image upload form for inclusion on the Register. The image will be credited to yourself and free for reuse for non-commercial purposes by others under the IWM Non Commercial Licence.
Support the IWM War Memorial Register
Since 1988 IWM's War Memorials Register has been creating a national register of UK war memorials and the names of the individuals they commemorate. IWM needs your support to ensure that we can add to and maintain our these important records.
- Two-light stained glass Gothic window with dedicatory white marble tablet on a verde antica background. Figures depicted in the window are St Michael and St George. There is a matching white, marble WW2 memorial (2673) in the same location.
- Tablet: TO THE GLORY OF GOD AND IN MEMORY OF THE FOLLOWING OFFICERS NON COMMISSIONED OFFICERS AND MEN CONNECTED WITH THE PARISH CHURCH OF MYTHOLMROYD WHO THROUGH DEATH ENTERED UPON MORE GLORIOUS LIFE WHILE SERVING THEIR COUNTRY DURING THE GREAT WAR 1914-1918 (exact line spacing unknown) Window: SAINT MICHAEL/ SAINT GEORGE/ TO THE GLORY OF GOD & TO THE MEMORY OF THOSE WHOSE NAMES ARE INSCRIBED UPON/ THE ACCOMPANYING TABLET THIS MEMORIAL IS DEDICATED, ADVENT 1919 BY THOSE FOR WHOM/ THEY FOUGHT WHEN THEY THROUGH DEATH ENTERED UPON MORE GLORIOUS LIFE
- Inscription legible?
- Names on memorial
- Ashworth, Samuel Harry
Greenwood, James Edward
Greenwood, John William
See details for all 28 names
- First World War (1914-1918)
Total names on memorial: 28
Served and returned: 0
Exact count: yes
Information shown: Surname, rank, regiment, forename
Order of information: By regiment
- First World War (1914-1918)
Measurements: height 1650mm, width 970mm
Materials: Marble - White
Materials: Stained Glass
- Listing information
- This memorial is not currently listed. Find out how to nominate this memorial for inclusion on the National Heritage List for England
- More about listing and the protection of historic places can be found on the Historic England website
- Mytholmroyd Parish WWI
- WMO ID: 218817
- Condition: Good [last updated on 30-10-2015]
- Help update these details if the condition is wrong
Memorial: £140 (tablet) + £126 (window)
- Trust fund/Scholarship
Purpose: Unknown or N/A
- Vicar and Churchwardens
- Hornshaw and Fowler, Calderdale War Dead, published privately in 1995, part of their memorial 618
This record comprises all information held by IWM’s War Memorials Register for this memorial. Where we hold a names list for the memorial, this information will be displayed on the memorial record. Please check back as we are adding more names to the database.
This information is made available under a Creative Commons BY-NC licence.
This means you may reuse it for non-commercial purposes only and must attribute it to us using the following statement:
For queries, please contact [email protected]