badge, unit, British, battalion patch, 10th Battalion Duke of Wellington's (West Riding) Regiment
Worn in the centre of the back, ½ inch below the collar. First used in April 1917 and retained until the end of the war. Steel helmets were marked with a stencil of an elephant about a scroll, on the the left side. This was adopted in Italy in July 1918.