Government Departments: War Office- Requests for and Donations of War Material
Five sub-files of correspondence regarding requests for and donations of material from the War Office. Consists of:
1) GSGS Maps and German Maps and Plans for the Invasion of Britain: Correspondence with War office regarding possibility of acquiring German Plans for the invasion of Britain.
2) Dossiers on Foreign Ports: Correspondence with War Office regarding possibility of Museum acquiring dossiers on foreign ports.
3) Photographic Records: Correspondence regarding 15th Schedule of the Public Records relating to the War Office regarding the destruction of photographs, asking that those to be transferred to the Museum are not destroyed. Also regarding Museum's wish to acquire photographic records of the Second World war.
4) Correspondence re Interdepartmental Transfers: Correspondence regarding terms of deposit of items from the War Office (maps, photographs, documents etc) and their response that they are on permanent loan.
5) Custody of War Office Still and Cine Records: Notes of meeting to discuss whether photographs or film from War Office would be transferred to Museum after the war, and arrangements for this meeting.