Anti-gas Ointment No. 2
- Catalogue number
- SUR 852
- whole: metal
- whole: composite
- whole: cardboard
- whole: (tin) L: 7.7cm W: 11cm H: 1.6cm (tube) L: 7.5cm W: 1.5cm
- Alternative names
- full name: Anti-gas Ointment No. 2
- simple name: medication, ointment, tubes: British
If you are interested in the full range of licenses available for this material, please contact one of our collections sales and licensing teams.
Tin, 8 tubes, cardboard insert. Flat rectangular tin with hinged lid painted yellow, there is an inscription in brown/black on the top of the lid which reads 'OINTMENT ANTI-GAS No.2. Apply freely to affected portion of skin AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Rub in vigorously for not less than one minute. KEEP AWAY FROM EYES. To obtain ointment from tube see instructions on back of box.', the base of the tin bears instructions and diagrams for obtaining ointment from the tubes, the tin is complete with eight unused tubes of ointment and cardboard support, each tube is painted cream/yellow and bears the inscription described on the box lid, the inside of the lid is suffering from a patch of rust in the top left corner with transference to the card support.
(1) OINTMENT ANTI-GAS No.2. Apply freely to affected portion of skin AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Rub in vigorously for not less than one minute. KEEP AWAY FROM EYES. To obtain ointment from tube see instructions on back of box
(2) TO OBTAIN OINTMENT FROM TUBE. Hold tube at folded end between thumb and forefinger (see FIG 1). Flatten end of tube by squeezing (see FIG 2). Then holding end so flattened between thumb and forefinger of each hand tear off end of tube close to fold.