Bookings are now open for school groups to visit IWM North between September 2018 – December 2019. We also have new classroom resources available, including STEM resources for Key Stages 3 & 4. Please remember that all UK schools must book in advance (this doesn't apply to overseas schools).
You can sign up to our mailing list to receive news and updates for Learning and Engagement at IWM.
HOW TO BOOK A VISIT
All schools (UK and overseas) must book in advance.
- Fill out the Schools Visit Request Form stating the day(s) you would like to visit
- You will receive a response within ten working days
- Please don't make travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation email with your Visit Confirmation Letter attached.
- Check the booking information and Terms and Conditions.
- Download a Floor map of IWM North
- Identify potential risks during your visit.
- Book a gift bag in advance for collection during your visit
Fill out the Schools Visit Request Form to start your booking
See our Accessibility page for more details.
Please get in touch if you have any requirements you wish to discuss.
We have a lunch space for schools and groups. When you book a visit to IWM you will be allocated a lunch time spot.
For groups who wish to purchase refreshments, the IWM North Café offers a perfect opportunity to take a break during your visit. Head Chef Tony Pickup and his team have created menus inspired by the flavours of the North West. The IWM North Café is open daily, 10am - 4.30pm, and serves homemade baked goods, Fairtrade tea and coffee, and a selection of fantastic deli sandwiches and salads.
If you have any questions email LearningNorth@iwm.org.uk
Teachers and group leaders are advised to carry out a preliminary visit in advance of their school trip. Please see IWM Identified Risk to help you with your own risk assessment.