We are committed to ensuring IWM North is accessible to all visitors, and hope the facilities we have introduced enhance your visit:
- IWM North is fully accessible by wheelchair. Six manual wheelchairs are available for loan, free of charge (subject to availability).
- Lifts to all floors.
- A warm welcome to Guide dogs and registered assistance dogs. Water bowls can be provided at the café on the ground floor.
- 16 designated parking bays for people with disabilities. Please note charges apply to all parking.
- Accessible toilets and baby changing facilities are on the ground floor.
- Large print transcripts of exhibition interpretation for the Main Exhibitions Space can be found next to the display cases and at the entrance of the Special Exhibitions Gallery.
- Subtitles are shown on all audio-visual presentations, including the Big Picture Show.
- Induction loop systems are in place at the Information Desk, Shop counter, and Libeskind Rooms.
- Seating is available throughout the building.
- Please be aware that the building has been designed to encourage visitors to consider the confusion experienced during conflict. As a result, the floor of the main exhibition area has a gentle slope and visitors with mobility issues may wish to take extra care in this area. There are also different lighting levels over two floors.
- On the hour, every hour our 360 degree Big Picture Show is projected onto the walls of our Main Exhibition Space. Please be aware that at this time the exhibition space will go dark and there will be loud noises and flashing images. The shows last for 10 minutes.
- If you have any queries or need any assistance on site, please ask. We will be more than happy to help you.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss any access issues please contact us.