Bookings are now open for school groups to visit IWM London between September 2018 – April 2019. We also have new classroom resources available, including STEM resources for Key Stages 3 & 4. Please remember that all UK schools must book in advance (this doesn't apply to overseas schools).
You can sign up to our mailing list to receive news and updates for Learning and Engagement at IWM.
HOW TO BOOK A VISIT
UK schools must book in advance.
- Fill out the Schools Visit Request Form stating the day(s) you would like to visit
- You will receive a response within ten working days
- Please don't make travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation email with your Visit Confirmation Letter attached.
- Check the booking information and Terms and Conditions.
- Identify potential risks during your visit.
- Book a gift bag in advance for collection during your visit
Fill out the Schools Visit Request Form to start your booking
IWM tries to ensure we cater for a range of needs and can provide wheelchair access, resources to support blind and visually impaired visitors and deaf and hearing impaired visitors.
See Accessibility for more details.
There are a wide range of facilities for students with visual, hearing, learning and mobility impairments. Please get in touch if you have any additional questions.
We have a lunch space for schools and groups. When you book a visit to IWM you will be allocated a lunch time spot.
Groups are not permitted to take bags into the Museum except for medical reasons. We have limited cloakroom space we advise leaving coats and bags on your coach. Please note that we do not store coats or jackets in the bag room. Items left in the school bag room are left at the owner’s risk. There are locker facilities which require a £1 coin. We are unable to store large items of luggage or suitcases and the nearest left luggage facility is at Waterloo Station.
If you have any questions email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
Teachers and group leaders are advised to carry out a preliminary visit in advance of their school trip. Please see IWM Identified Risk to help you with your own risk assessment.