We are committed to ensuring IWM Duxford is accessible to all visitors, and hope the facilities we have introduced enhance your visit:
- Wheelchairs and mobility scooters are available for loan, free of charge. Please telephone 01223 497 240 or contact us, to reserve a wheelchair or mobility scooter (subject to availability).
- A free site transport vehicle is available throughout the day for visitors, with space with wheelchairs.
- A warm welcome to Guide dogs and registered assistance dogs, water bowls can be provided at the Visitor Centre.
- 19 designated parking bays for blue badge holders, with further bays available at our air shows. Please see our Air Show Accessibility page for more information.
- Accessible toilets and baby changing facilities are available throughout the site, with additional facilities provided at air shows and some events.
- Audio guides to AirSpace and the Historic Duxford exhibition specifically designed for blind and partially sighted visitors are available free of charge. Please telephone 01223 497 240 or contact us, to reserve the audio guide (subject to availability).
- Audio description on the Historic Duxford trail.
- British Sign Language (BSL) interpretation of films in AirSpace and the Historic Duxford exhibition.
- Subtitles are shown on most audio-visual presentations.
- Induction Loops Systems are fitted in the Visitor Centre admissions desk and shop, Historic Duxford Trail, AirSpace, American Air Museum and Historic Duxford.
- Transcript booklets are available for the audio points in AirSpace and Historic Duxford.
- Seating is available throughout the site.
- If you have any queries or need any assistance on site, please ask. We will be more than happy to help you.
For more detailed access information please see our Access for All (PDF) information booklet to help you plan your visit. Download Adobe PDF Reader. If you have any queries or would like to discuss any access issues please contact us.