Bookings are available for visits up to the end of December 2019. We also have new digital learning resources available, including STEM resources for Key Stages 3 & 4. Please remember that all schools must book in advance.
A visit to HMS Belfast may support studies of the Second World War, Arctic Convoys, Korean War or the River Thames. On board, discover a unique historic environment. Film, photographs, objects and veteran testimonies tell the story of what life was like living and working on board HMS Belfast.
You can sign up to our mailing list to receive news and updates for Learning and Engagement at IWM.
HOW TO BOOK A VISIT
All schools (UK and overseas) must book in advance.
- Fill out the Schools Visit Request Form stating the day(s) you would like to visit
- If you are coming from outside the UK, please use the overseas schools form
- You will receive a response within ten working days
- Please don't make travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation email with your Visit Confirmation Letter attached.
- Book a gift bag in advance for collection during your visit
- Payment can be made in advance or on arrival.
- Check the booking information and Terms and Conditions.
- Identify potential risks during your visit.
- If you have any questions email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
Please note children must be supervised at all times with at least one adult for every ten children. Large groups of more than 35 people may have to be divided..
School children under age 16 may get free admission, while students aged 16-18 may enter at a discounted price. To qualify for free admission, schools must make a direct booking with IWM. If your booking is made via a travel operator/third party organiser it is subject to admission charges. Groups also qualify for a discounted price.
You need to make an advanced booking to qualify for the concessionary rate.
If you come with no advanced booking you will need to pay for your whole group (including the children).
Fill out the Schools Visit Request Form to start your booking
|From 1 January 2019|
5-15. Visit must be booked in advance to qualify for this concessionary rate.
Age 5 - 15
Students and children must be supervised at all times with one adult for every 10 children
One per disabled person
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What accessibility provisions do you have at IWM?
Only two decks can be accessed without climbing or descending ladders – for more information see Accessibility
What provisions are there for SEN students?
How do I get to IWM?
Who can I contact to find out more?
If you have any questions email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
Do I need to carry out a risk assessment?
We encourage teachers to conduct pre-visit planning. To request 2 free group leader pre-visit tickets email LearningBookings@iwm.org.uk
Please see IWM Identified Risk to help you with your own risk assessment.