We are committed to ensuring HMS Belfast is accessible to all visitors, and hope the facilities we have introduced enhance your visit:
- Wheelchairs are available to loan for those with mobility issues (subject to availability).
- Unfortunately, the nature of the ship makes access to some of the areas below decks impossible for wheelchair users, prams, pushchairs and strollers and unsuitable for persons with restricted mobility. However, modifications have been made to the Main Deck, the Quarterdeck, Boat Deck and The Café to make them accessible to wheelchair users, and parents with prams, pushchairs, and strollers. The Main Deck includes The Laundry, The Ship's Chapel, The Bakery, Galley and associated prep areas, Petty Officers' Mess, Sick Bay, Arctic Mess Decks and Dental Surgery.
- There is a wheelchair lift from the gangway to the Quarterdeck where your tour begins. Weight restrictions apply when using the accessible lift. The maximum combined weight of wheelchair and user allowable is 275kg.
- Accessible toilets and baby changing facilities are available on the Main Deck.
- Registered assistance dogs are welcome on the Quarter Deck, Boat Deck, Main Deck, and The Café, however, the nature of the ship will make access to some of the areas below deck extremely difficult. Water bowls can be provided at the café on the Boat Deck.
- Free hand-held audio guides available from the audio-guide and ticket check desk on the Quarter deck.
- It is recommended that those with restricted mobility or with small children under 4ft do not access the engine room as it has vertical ladders and very narrow walkways.
- If you have any queries or need any assistance on site, please ask. We will be more than happy to help you.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss any access issues please contact us.