This competition has now closed.
You and your party could win a private behind the glass tour of Churchill War Rooms. Sit in Churchill's chair in the Cabinet Room, get up close to the tiny details of the Map Room and stand in the Prime Minister's underground bedroom from where he delivered four wartime broadcasts.
Plus, the lucky winner will enjoy 15% off in our museum shop and take home a hardback copy of Secrets of Churchill War Rooms.
To enter this competition, simply book your August 2020 tickets directly with Imperial War Museums before midnight 31 July 2020 and you'll be automatically entered into the prize draw.
Promoter: Imperial War Museums, Lambeth Road, SE1 6HZ
- This promotion is open to all CWR advance bookers buying a ticket to visit the Churchill War Rooms in August 2020.
- Tickets must be purchased before 23:59 on 31st July 2020 directly via the IMW website
- The promotion excludes employees and the immediate families of Imperial War Museums
- The prize draw will run from 09:00 24/7/20 until 23.59 on 31/7/20
- One entry per lead booker completing a ticket transaction during the Prize Draw.
- The draw will be made by Monday 3 August. The winner will be contacted by email, using the email address provided at booking. Please see clause 21 below for details of how IWM will store and use your data.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 on 31/7/20 (“Closing Date”). We cannot make allowances for entries not received because they were lost or damaged in the course of transmission.
- The prize is a ticket upgrade to include a private tour behind the glass of Churchill War Rooms (Cabinet Room, Map Room and Churchill’s Bedroom), a 15% retail discount and a copy of the book ‘Secrets of Churchill’s War Rooms’ (RRP £30)
- The tour must be taken in August 2020.
- The upgrade applies to all tickets made under one booking, up to a maximum of 6 people.
- The prize must be taken by the winner in person unless otherwise agreed in writing by IWM. Details of how to claim the prize will be included in the winner’s email, including how to transfer the voucher to a named person.
- The prize draw will take place under supervision by an independent person who will randomly select the winner.
- The winner will be notified by email within 3 days of the close of the Prize Draw. The winner will then have 7 calendar days to accept their prize by following the instructions provided in the winning notification. Failure to do this will result in the prize being forfeit and IWM may award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original winner or dispose of the prize at its discretion without liability to the winner.
- There is no cash or other alternative for the prizes in whole or in part
- The winner and their guests (where applicable) will be required to sign a publicity release form before the prize can be fulfilled. Failure to sign and return the required form will result in the prize being forfeit and IWM may at its absolute discretion award the prize to a reserve selected at the same time as the original winner or dispose of the prize at its discretion without liability to the winner.
- The publicity form will give permission for IWM to use the images, video or soundbites agreed on the day for press and promotional purposes without further recompense, including social media.
- Transport to Churchill War Rooms or accommodation is not included in the prize package. All other costs and expenses in taking up a prize, including but not limited to, transport costs and spending money as required, are the winner’s own.
- We have made a number of changes to ensure your visit is safe and enjoyable, with new measures in place in line with government guidance. For full details please see our Coronavirus FAQ page: https://www.iwm.org.uk/coronavirus-faqs
- IWM will be facilitating the draw and contacting the prize winner. An entrant’s personal data, such as name, telephone number and email address will not be provided to any other third party.
- The list of competition entrants will be destroyed after 3 months, from the prize draw date. Entrants will be able to find out the surname of the prize winner by emailing email@example.com