Subject to the obligations stated below, Imperial War Museums ‘IWM’ grant the Member a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use the Material specified in the attached schedule for Non-Commercial purposes only for the purpose of encouraging public participation in and awareness of the First World War Centenary in 2014-18. No other use of the Material shall be made or authorised by the Member, unless expressly agreed by IWM in writing. This licence shall expire on 31st December 2019, after which date all stored files must be deleted by the Member.
By downloading Material (see schedule of free resources below) the Member indicates their acceptance of this Agreement. IWM reserves the right to update this Agreement at any point.
The Member undertakes and agrees with IWM:
- Usage of the Material or any extracts of the material is for Non-Commercial purposes only and excludes use on the internet.
- The Material will not be copied or distributed to third-parties (other than the general public) outside of the Partnership with the exception of the Battle of the Somme film (various formats) which may not be copied or distributed to third-parties including the general public. If you intend to put any Material on the internet, you must contact IWM beforehand so we can assess your plans . The Material will not be adapted, manipulated, altered, cropped or amended in any way, with the sole exceptions of the Timeline (Text Version) and Image Labels (Word documents and free text on webpage), which the Member is permitted to adapt, manipulate, alter, crop or amend for their own uses and requirements, as long as the adapted Material [Timeline (Text Version only) and Image Labels] is used for Non Commercial purposes, the Member attributes the Material appropriately, and does not suggest that that IWM endorses their adaptations
- The Material will not be sold or used for Commercial purposes by, for example, including it in a product or application which is used in a Commercial way, or by using it for the purposes of advertising or promoting Commercial products
- Any watermarks or spoilers will not be removed
- The Material will not be used in a way that trivialises, sensationalises, decontextualises or demeans the subject matter
- The Material will not be used in a way that suggests that IWM or any third party rights holder endorses the use of the Material
- Usage of the Material will not misrepresent the Material or its source
- Usage of the Material will not breach the Data Protection Act 1998 or the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- When requested, the Member will provide IWM with feedback and information regarding how the Material was used, and to whom it was distributed
- The Material concerning the centenary logo will be used in accordance with accompanying guidelines
Unless otherwise stated all copyright and other rights in the Material are and shall be, the property of IWM and the source should be credited as © IWM. All Crown Copyright material provided by IWM for exploitation by the Member is subject to this Agreement and the source should be credited as © Crown Copyright IWM.
This licence does not affect your freedom under fair dealing or fair use or any other copyright or database right exceptions and limitations.
Commercial and Other Uses
The Member acknowledges and agrees that any Commercial use of the Material specified in the attached schedule shall be subject to additional terms and fees under the ‘Standard terms and conditions governing the release of material from IWM collections for commercial use’, a copy of which is available from the IWM website. Additionally, if the member wishes to use Material in a commercial way or a way not permitted under this Agreement (such as Internet use), or requires a higher resolution copy of the Material, the Member should contact the IWM collection sales teams (see contact details page of the IWM website) and a fee may apply.
The Material is supplied ‘as is’ and IWM excludes all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in relation to the Material to the maximum extent permitted by law. IWM is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Material and shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by its use.
This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales and is subject to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh High Courts.
The terms below have the following meanings:
- ‘Commercial’ means intended for or directed toward commercial advantage or private monetary compensation.
- ‘Crown Copyright’ means Material which is subject to copyright and database right owned by the Crown. IWM acting under authority of the Controller of Her Majesty’s Stationery Office (HMSO) has the authority to issue this licence for Material which is subject to Crown Copyright and Crown Database Right.
- ‘IWM’ and ‘Imperial War Museums’ means The Trustees of the Imperial War Museum, Lambeth Road, London, SE1 6HZ.
- ‘Non Commercial’ means not intended for or directed toward commercial advantage or private monetary compensation.
- ‘Material’ means audio-visual recordings. artwork, film, photographs, audio (including any typescripts or reproductions), CD or any other medium (whether analogue or digital) and the First World War Centenary logo (with accompanying ‘Led by IWM’ strapline) which are supplied to the Member by IWM.
- ‘Member’ means any individual or organisation who has signed up to the First World War Centenary Partnership.
Schedule of Free Resources
Centenary Logo: 72dpi for web use.zip: FWW_Centenary_Led_By_IWM_Black-web.png; FWW_Centenary_Led_By_IWM_Red-web.png 150 dpi for in-house use.zip: FWW_Centenary__Led_By_IWM_Black-150.png; FWW_Centenary__Led_By_IWM_Red-rgb-150.png; FWW_Centenary__Led_By_IWM_White-150.png JPEGs for in-house use.zip:FWW_Centenary_Led_By_IWM_Black.jpg; FWW_Centenary_Led_By_IWM_Red-rgb.jpg Vector cmyk for professional use.zip: FWW_Centenary_Led_By_IWM_Black.eps; FWW_Centenary_Led_By_IWM_Red.eps; FWW_Centenary_Led_By_IWM_White.eps
Photographs: CO_002252.jpg; HU_035801.jpg; HU_051402.jpg; HU_052449.jpg; Q_001787.jpg; Q_002293.jpg; Q_003255.jpg; Q_003996.jpg; Q_004079.jpg; Q_006850.jpg; Q_008467.jpg; Q_009353.jpg; Q_009365.jpg; Q_010898.jpg; Q_012049.jpg; Q_012355.jpg; Q_013213_B.jpg; Q_020343.jpg; Q_023754.jpg; Q_023760.jpg; Q_023839.jpg; Q_023907.jpg; Q_024659.jpg; Q_030040.jpg; Q_048212.jpg; Q_049750.jpg; Q_050473.jpg; Q_053517.jpg; Q_053538.jpg; Q_056992.jpg; Q_059193.jpg; Q_067397.jpg; Q_069876.jpg; Q_070071.jpg; Q_070701.jpg; Q_081728.jpg; Q_081808.jpg; Q_081831.jpg; Q_081852.jpg; Q_114805.jpg; Q_115126.jpg; SP_001592.jpg; SP_001708.jpg; HO_000013.jpg; Q_000052.jpg; Q_038712.jpg; Q_053768.jpg; Q_106252.jpg; Q_106565.jpg; Q_014965.jpg; Q_8467; HO_13; Q_23907; Q_12049; SP_1708; SP_1592; Q_20343; E (AUS) 2078; Q_81397; Q_10260; Q_1201; Q_17054; Q_24660; HU_75737; Q_7833; Q_10733; Q_15793; Q_13325; Q_13356; Q_13505; Q_13517; Q_13642; Q_13697; Q_13294; Q_13427; Q_13823; Q_13324; Q_13765; Q_13635; Q_13774; Q_13362; Q_13542; Q_13376; Q_13388; Q_13682; Q_23732; Q_13899; HU_55928; Q_90443; Q_90445; Q_28419; HU_55929; Q_71704; Q_23212; Q_75209; Q_103094; Q79501
Object images: AIR_000261.jpg; EPH_000950.jpg; EPH_002038.jpg; EPH_002116.jpg; EPH_002780.jpg; EPH_003122.jpg; EPH_009028.jpg; EPH_009311_1.jpg; FIR_007100.jpg; MAR_000592.jpg; MUN_003281.jpg; UNI_010830.jpg; UNI_011978.jpg; UNI_012640.jpg; WEA_000637_1.jpg; SUR_000872.jpg; UNI_008195.jpg; INS_7858.jpg; FIR_8206.jpg; UNI_10883; INS_7601; ORD_115.1; OPT_319; FLA_968
Art images: IWM_ART_000840.jpg; IWM_ART_000935.jpg; IWM_ART_002449.jpg; IWM_ART_002451.jpg; IWM_ART_002509.jpg; IWM_ART_002705.jpg; IWM_ART_003013.jpg; IWM_ART_004084.jpg; IWM_ART_006484.jpg; IWM_DAZ_000045_3.jpg; IWM_EPHEM_000488.jpg; IWM_EPHEM_000505.jpg; IWM_MED_000861.jpg; IWM_PST_002735.jpg; IWM_PST_005476.jpg; IWM_PST_012303.jpg; Art.IWM_PST_5044
Documents: Britton_files.zip: BrittonW_77_175_1_1.jpg; BrittonW_77_175_1_2.jpg; BrittonW_77_175_1_3.jpg; BrittonW_Comp.jpg BrownH_files.zip: BrownH_Misc_2816_1.jpg; BrownH_Misc_2816_2.jpg; BrownH_Misc_2816_3.jpg; BrownH_Misc_2816_4.jpg; BrownH_Misc_2816_5.jpg;BrownH_Misc_2816_Comp.jpg; BrownM_files.zip: BrownM_88_7_1.jpg;BrownM_88_7_1_1.jpg; BrownM_88_7_1_2.jpg; BrownM_88_7_1_3.jpg; BrownM_88_7_1_4.jpg; BrownM_Comp.jpg; BuseE_files.zip: BushE_75_65_1_1.jpg; BushE_75_65_1_2.jpg; BushE_75_65_1_3.jpg; BushE_Comp.jpg; Carrington_files.zip: Carrington81_11_2_COMP.jpg; CarringtonCE_013481_1.jpg; CarringtonCE_013481_2.jpg; CarringtonCE_013481_3.jpg; CarringtonCE_013481_4.jpg: CarringtonCE_013481_5.jpg; CarringtonCE_013481_6.jpg ClaydenA_files.zip: ClaydenA_001782_1_1.jpg; ClaydenA_001782_2.jpg; ClaydenA_001782_2_1.jpg; ClaydenA_1.jpg; ClaydenA_92_3_1_1.jpg; ClaydenA_92_3_1_2.jpg; ClaydenA_Comp.jpg DutchG_files.zip: DutchG_74_55_1_1.jpg; DutchG_74_55_1_2.jpg; DutchG_74_55_1_3.jpg; DutchG_74_55_1_4.jpg; DutchG_74_55_1_5.jpg; DutchG_Comp.jpg; Heaton_files.zip: Heaton_1.jpg; Heaton_COMP.jpg; HeatonER_017524_1.jpg; HeatonER_017524_2.jpg; HeatonER_017524_3.jpg; HeatonER_017524_4.jpg; ReadW_files.zip: ReadW_72_76_1_1.jpg; ReadW_72_76_1_2.jpg; ReadW_72_76_1_3.jpg; ReadW_72_76_3_1.jpg; ReadW_72_76_3_2.jpg; ReadW_Comp.jpg Shaw_files.zip: ShawJ_1.jpg; ShawJ_2.jpg; ShawJ_3.jpg; ShawJ_4.jpg; ShawJ_Comp.jpg; Q_70583.jpg; Documents.5020;Documents.163
Film: IWM_184.mpg; IWM_208.mpg; IWM_479.mpg; IWM_194.mpg
Sound: IWM_SR_10914_extract.mp3; IWM_SR_25548_extract.mp3; IWM_SR_356_extract.mp3; IWM_SR_506_extract.mp3; IWM_SR_517_extract.mp3; IWM_357_extract.mp3
Labels documents (including copy-and-pasteable text): All_object_images_with_labels_17.docx; All_photographs_with_labels.docx; All_art_with_labels.docx; All_documents_labels_with_transcripts.docx; All_film_labels.docx; All_sound_labels_with_transcripts.docx Timelines: Toplevel_timeline.xlsx; A3 print and paste:1914 timeline_A3_PRINT.pdf; 1915 timeline_A3_PRINT.pdf; 1916 timeline_A3_PRINT.pdf 1917 timeline_A3_PRINT.pdf; 1918 timeline_A3_PRINT.pdf; Post-1919 timeline_A3_PRINT.pdf; Pre-1914 timeline_A3_PRINT.pdf Long horizontal timeline: 1914 timeline_PRINT.pdf; 1915 timeline_PRINT.pdf; 1916 timeline_PRINT.pdf; 1917 timeline_PRINT.pdf; 1918 timeline_PRINT.pdf; post1919 timeline_PRINT.pdf; pre-1914 timeline_PRINT.pdf Long vertical A3 timelines: 1914_A3 long_PRINT.pdf; 1915_A3 long_PRINT.pdf; 1916_A3 long_PRINT.pdf; 1917_A3 long_PRINT.pdf; 1918_A3 long_PRINT.pdf; Post-1919_A3 long_PRINT.pdf; Pre-1914_A3 long_PRINT.pdf
Useful guides: Ideas_for_working_with_Artists.pdf; Understanding_First_World_War_Art.pdf; Notes_on_common_First_World_War_objects.pdf; Notes_on_The Battle of the Somme.docx; Researching_people_of_the_First_World_War.pdf; Ideas_for_working_with_Schools.pdf; Ideas_for_learning_from_objects.pdf; Ideas_for_learning_from_photographs.pdf; Ideas_for_learning_from_Documents.pdf; Ideas_for_learning_from_Personal_Stories.pdf; Ideas_for_learning_from_Oral_Histories.pdf; Ideas_for_learning_from_Paintings.pdf; Ideas_for_learning_from_Timelines.pdf; Teaching_the_First_World_War_Useful_Websites.pdf
DIY Exhibitions: Q 48436.jpg A_letter_from_Nigel_Steel.pdf Final_full.pdf Final_Political.pdf Final_Social.pdf Final_Summary Panels.pdf Final_WaratSea.pdf Final_WarintheAir.pdf Final_Waronthewesternfront.pdf Final_WorldWar.pdf Final1914_Howdidthewarstart.pdf Final1915-1916_Howwasthewarfought.pdf Final1917-1918_Howdidthewarend.pdf Table_of_contents.pdf file_list.txt
Battle of the Somme 1916 Film – Digitally re mastered version with Laura Rossi score
Battle of the Somme Film Clip One – Munitions; Battle of the Somme Film Clip Two – Going over the Top; Battle of the Somme Film Clip Three – Artillery and Dead; Battle of the Somme Film Clip Four – Rescue of British and German Troops; Battle of the Somme Film Clip Five – Aftermath