Use this image under non-commercial licence
This image was created and shared by: Les Featherstone
The image is free to reuse for non-commercial purposes under the IWM Non Commercial Licence. By downloading any images or embedding any media, you agree to the terms and conditions of the IWM Non Commercial Licence, including your use of the attribution statement specified by IWM. For this item, that is: © Les Featherstone (WMR-82233)
- Rectangular brass plaque with the regimental badge at centre top. An engraved border with roses and leaves, a cross in a circle at each corner.
- IN MEMORY OF / EDWARD SAYERS TALBOT / GOODRIDGE, / LIEUTENANT, 1ST BATTALION, THE EAST SURREY REGIMENT. / WHO DIED OF ENTERIC FEVER / AT JHANSI, INDIA. / ON THE 21ST DECEMBER, 1896. / AGE 22 YEARS. // THIS TABLET IS ERECTED / BY HIS BROTHER OFFICERS.
- Inscription legible?
- Names on memorial
- Goodridge, Edward Sayers Talbot
- Colonial India
Total names on memorial: 1
Served and returned: 0
Exact count: yes
Information shown: Forenames, surname, rank,battalion, regiment, cause of death, place of death, date of death, age at death
Order of information: Undefined
- Colonial India
Measurements: height 770mm, width 510mm
- Listing information
- This memorial is not currently listed. Find out how to nominate this memorial for inclusion on the National Heritage List for England
- More about listing and the protection of historic places can be found on the Historic England website
- Trust fund/Scholarship
Purpose: Unknown or N/A
This record comprises all information held by IWM’s War Memorials Register for this memorial. Where we hold a names list for the memorial, this information will be displayed on the memorial record. Please check back as we are adding more names to the database.
This information is made available under a Creative Commons BY-NC licence.
This means you may reuse it for non-commercial purposes only and must attribute it to us using the following statement:
For queries, please contact [email protected]