Use this image under non-commercial licence
This image was created and shared by: Peter Davies / Barnsley War Memorial Project
The image is free to reuse for non-commercial purposes under the IWM Non Commercial Licence. By downloading any images or embedding any media, you agree to the terms and conditions of the IWM Non Commercial Licence, including your use of the attribution statement specified by IWM. For this item, that is: © Peter Davies / Barnsley War Memorial Project (WMR-70007)
- Three panel stained glass window with portraits of Christ and various saints. Panel 1: An kneeling angel with a musical instrument in the upper arched segment, a full length figure of a saint below, probably St George judging by the pennant (red cross on a white ground), below that the first part of the motto, below that a saint killing a dragon, and at the bottom the first part of the inscription. Panel2: A full length angel with a musical instrument, Christ below in a red robe holding a leafy cross pointing at a grail cup, the middle part of the motto, below that Christ carrying the cross watched by Mary in blue, and at the bottom the middle part of the inscription. Panel3: A similar kneeling angel to panel1, a full length saint probably St Michael as his foot is upon Lucifer, below that the third part of the motto, then depiction of a stoning of a saint probably St Stephen, and at the bottom the final part of the inscription.
- Motto in three parts: Panel1: THANKS BE TO GOD WHO Panel2: GIVETH US THE VICTORY THROUGH Panel3: OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST Inscription in three parts: Panel1: TO THE GLORY OF GOD AND / FELL IN THE GREAT WAR 1914-1919 / (Names) Panel2: IN MEMORY OF THE MEMBERS / (Names) / (Names) Panel3: OF THIS CONGREGATION WHO / (Names) / (Names)
- Inscription legible?
- Names on memorial
- Collins, Regld M
Meakin, George B
Pepper, Samuel J W
See details for all 8 names
- First World War (1914-1918)
Total names on memorial: 8
Served and returned: 0
Exact count: yes
Information shown: Forename and some initials, Surname
Order of information: Forename, Surname
- First World War (1914-1918)
- Listing information
- This memorial is not currently listed. Find out how to nominate this memorial for inclusion on the National Heritage List for England
- More about listing and the protection of historic places can be found on the Historic England website
- Trust fund/Scholarship
Purpose: Unknown or N/A
This record comprises all information held by IWM’s War Memorials Register for this memorial. Where we hold a names list for the memorial, this information will be displayed on the memorial record. Please check back as we are adding more names to the database.
This information is made available under a Creative Commons BY-NC licence.
This means you may reuse it for non-commercial purposes only and must attribute it to us using the following statement:
For queries, please contact [email protected]