Use this image under non-commercial licence
This image was created and shared by: Stuart Nicholson
The image is free to reuse for non-commercial purposes under the IWM Non Commercial Licence. By downloading any images or embedding any media, you agree to the terms and conditions of the IWM Non Commercial Licence, including your use of the attribution statement specified by IWM. For this item, that is: © Stuart Nicholson (WMR-67348)
Support the IWM War Memorial Register
Since 1988 IWM's War Memorials Register has been creating a national register of UK war memorials and the names of the individuals they commemorate. IWM needs your support to ensure that we can add to and maintain our these important records.
- Brass Plaque on wooden hackboard
- IN MEMORIAM/LT WILLIAM J RUTTER/ROYAL NAVY/KILLED IN ROAD ACCIDENT/AT HAINING GATE NEAR MOORHOUSE/18TH JULY 1953
- Inscription legible?
- Names on memorial
- Rutter, William J
- Non-Combat Deaths
Total names on memorial: 1
Served and returned: 0
Exact count: yes
Information shown: Surname , full forenames, branch of services, manner & date of death
Order of information: Undefined
- Non-Combat Deaths
Measurements: depth 5mm, height 150mm, width 95mm
Measurements: depth 20mm, height 250mm, width 200mm
- Listing information
- This memorial is not currently listed. Find out how to nominate this memorial for inclusion on the National Heritage List for England
- More about listing and the protection of historic places can be found on the Historic England website
- William J Rutter
- WMO ID: 159173
- Condition: Good [last updated on 05-04-2018]
- Help update these details if the condition is wrong
- Trust fund/Scholarship
Purpose: Unknown or N/A
- West Cumberland Times 5/9/1953 page 2a-b
This record comprises all information held by IWM’s War Memorials Register for this memorial. Where we hold a names list for the memorial, this information will be displayed on the memorial record. Please check back as we are adding more names to the database.
This information is made available under a Creative Commons BY-NC licence.
This means you may reuse it for non-commercial purposes only and must attribute it to us using the following statement:
For queries, please contact [email protected]