Use this image under non-commercial licence
This image was created and shared by: Stuart Nicholson
The image is free to reuse for non-commercial purposes under the IWM Non Commercial Licence. By downloading any images or embedding any media, you agree to the terms and conditions of the IWM Non Commercial Licence, including your use of the attribution statement specified by IWM. For this item, that is: © Stuart Nicholson (WMR-67287)
Support the IWM War Memorial Register
Since 1988 IWM's War Memorials Register has been creating a national register of UK war memorials and the names of the individuals they commemorate. IWM needs your support to ensure that we can add to and maintain our these important records.
- Brass Plaque on the south side of the sanctuary accompanied by 4 two light stained glass windows- one above the plaque, 2 others in the south wall of the chancel (the first depicts St Michael & St Gabriel, the second depicts St Raphael & St Uriel) and the 4th in the north wall of the chancel (depicts 2 angels).
- Brass Plaque- TO THE GLORY OF GOD THESE WINDOWS ARE ERECTED/BY JOSSLYN LORD MUNCASTER IN MEMORY OF HIS/BELOVED FRIEND/FREDERICK GRANTHAM VYNER AND OF THE OTHER COMPANIONS OF HIS/CAPTIVITY EDWARD HERBERT EDWARD LLOYD AND CONTE DE BOYLE/KILLED BY BRIGANDS AT DELISSI NEAR MARATHON APRIL 21ST 1870/WHAT I DO THOU KNOWEST NOT NOW BUT THOU SHALT KNOW HEREAFTER Window above the plaque: Left Hand Light- GLORY TO GOD IN THE/HIGHEST Right Hand Light- ON EARTH PEACE GOODWILL/TOWARDS MEN The other (4th) window on the south side of the quire has the inscription- PRAISE HIM ALL YE ANGELS OF HIS
- Inscription legible?
- Names on memorial
- Vyner, Frederick Grantham
- Terrorist Acts
Total names on memorial: 1
Served and returned: 0
Exact count: yes
Information shown: Surname and forenames, brief details of the incident
Order of information: Undefined
- Terrorist Acts
Measurements: height 250mm, width 750mm
Materials: Stained Glass
- Listing information
- This memorial is not currently listed. Find out how to nominate this memorial for inclusion on the National Heritage List for England
- More about listing and the protection of historic places can be found on the Historic England website
- Trust fund/Scholarship
Purpose: Unknown or N/A
This record comprises all information held by IWM’s War Memorials Register for this memorial. Where we hold a names list for the memorial, this information will be displayed on the memorial record. Please check back as we are adding more names to the database.
This information is made available under a Creative Commons BY-NC licence.
This means you may reuse it for non-commercial purposes only and must attribute it to us using the following statement:
For queries, please contact [email protected]