- A Garden of Remembrance surrounded by a wall enclosing lawns, flower beds and paths. The main memorial is set into the wall and is composed of three stone tablets, the centre one being the tallest, set on stone blocks. The names are in six columns with the lettering in black. Attached to the garden wall a number of private individual and group memorials relating to those who lost their lives have been added. Three stones of remembrance are set several yards in front of the main memorial with the inscription on the centre stone, and names on the stones either side. The lettering is in black. On the ground, in the garden, a number of private ground plaques to individuals have been placed. Commemorative seating has also been added. A plaque is set in the lawn, composed of bronze with a gold coloured edging and lettering.
- Main memorial: IN REMEMBRANCE OF ALL VICTIMS/ OF LOCKERBIE AIR DISASTER/ WHO DIED ON 21st DECEMBER 1988/ (Names) Stone of remembrance: In/ Remembrance/ of/ all victims of/ LOCKERBIE AIR DISASTER/ who died on/ 21 st December 1988 Plaque: This garden of Remembrance is/ in memory of the 270 victims/ whose ages ranged from 2 months/ to 82 years from 21 nations./ The ages and nationalities of all/ victims are contained in the Book/ of Remembrance situated at/ Tundergarth Memorial Room
- Inscription legible?
- Terrorist Acts
Total names on memorial: 270
Served and returned: 0
Exact count: yes
Information shown: Forename then surname in alphabetical order of surname.
Order of information: Undefined
- Terrorist Acts
- Stone of remembrance
- Trust fund/Scholarship
Purpose: Unknown or N/A
- BBC News Online news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/south_of_scotland/7764812.stm
- The Times 11 May 1990
- Other website homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~dfsgal/Dryfesdale 2/index.htm
- Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Am_Flight_103
This record comprises all information held by IWM’s War Memorials Register for this memorial. Where we hold a names list for the memorial, this information will be displayed on the memorial record. Please check back as we are adding more names to the database.
This information is made available under a Creative Commons BY-NC licence.
This means you may reuse it for non-commercial purposes only and must attribute it to us using the following statement:
For queries, please contact [email protected].