The source of this image is unknown and is shared as an orphan work.
- Ornate 5 light stained glass window with figures in it depicting the struggle the country had just been through. Framed description of the window placed nearby. Figure of Christ is depicted in the centre light. Figures on his right represent Britain, Italy, Belgium, India, Russia and Portugal. Figures on his left represent France, United States of America, Australia, Montenegro, Romania, Japan and Greece. In the remaining portion of the lights is depicted the expression of thankfulness, joy and praise for deliverance through the presence of the Apostles, Martyrs and Holy Church in the song of the "Te Deum". They are shown as: Far left light: The martyrs represented at the top are St Agnes, St Stephen, St Ursula and St Etheldreda. Below them are images of the Holy Church represented by St Ambrose, St Augustine and St Gregory. Far right light: Martyrs represented at the top are St Alban, St Catherine, St George and St Lawrence. Below them are the Prophets represented by Isaiah, Noah and St John the Baptist In the lower parts of lights 2 and 4 are illustrated the Apostles. In light 2 are St Peter, St Paul, St James the Great and St Matthias. In light 4 are St Andrew, St John the Divine, St Bartholomew, St James the Less, St Thomas, St Phillip, St Matthew and St Thaddeus. In the lower part of the centre light are a choir of angels holding a scroll with the dedicatory inscription. In the large piece at the apex is the symbol of the First Person of the Blessed Trinity with a dove below it. In the tracery lights are angels holding scrolls with appropriate texts.
- PLAQUE: TO THE GLORY OF GOD AND IN REVERENT MEMORY OF THE MEN / OF CHATTERIS WHO GAVE THEIR LIVES FOR RIGHT AND JUSTICE / IN THE GREAT WAR 1914-1918 THE WINDOW WAS DEDICATED WINDOW, CENTRE LIGHT: WE GAT NOT THIS BY OUR OWN SWORD, NEITHER WAS IT OUR OWN ARM THAT SAVED US: BUT THE RIGHT HAND OF THINE ARM, AND THE LIGHT OF THY COUNTENANCE, BECAUSE THOU HADST A FAVOUR UNTO US (Exact line spacing unkown)
- Inscription legible?
- First World War (1914-1918)
Total names on memorial: 0
Served and returned: 0
Exact count: yes
Information shown: Undefined
Order of information: Undefined
- First World War (1914-1918)
Measurements: height 3700mm, width 3300mm
- Listing information
- This memorial is not currently listed. Find out how to nominate this memorial for inclusion on the National Heritage List for England
- More about listing and the protection of historic places can be found on the Historic England website
- Trust fund/Scholarship
Purpose: Unknown or N/A
- BAK 58
This record comprises all information held by IWM’s War Memorials Register for this memorial. Where we hold a names list for the memorial, this information will be displayed on the memorial record. Please check back as we are adding more names to the database.
This information is made available under a Creative Commons BY-NC licence.
This means you may reuse it for non-commercial purposes only and must attribute it to us using the following statement:
For queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.