Use this image under non-commercial licence
This image was created and shared by: Paul Clarke
The image is free to reuse for non-commercial purposes under the IWM Non Commercial Licence. By downloading any images or embedding any media, you agree to the terms and conditions of the IWM Non Commercial Licence, including your use of the attribution statement specified by IWM. For this item, that is: © Paul Clarke (WMR-34664)
Support the IWM War Memorial Register
Since 1988 IWM's War Memorials Register has been creating a national register of UK war memorials and the names of the individuals they commemorate. IWM needs your support to ensure that we can add to and maintain our these important records.
- OVAL TABLET
- HERE TWO YOUNG DANISH SOLDIERS LYE/ THE ONE IN QUARRELL CHANC'D TO DIE/ THE OTHER'S HEAD BY THEIR OWN LAW/ WITH SWORD WAS SEVER'D AT ONE BLOW/ DECEMBER 23RD/ 1689
- Inscription legible?
- Non-Combat Deaths
Total names on memorial: 2
Served and returned: Undefined
Exact count: no
Information shown: year died,place of burial,manner of death
Order of information: Undefined
- Non-Combat Deaths
- Listing information
- This memorial is not currently listed. Find out how to nominate this memorial for inclusion on the National Heritage List for England
- More about listing and the protection of historic places can be found on the Historic England website
- DATE UNKNOWN: MEMORIAL CLEANED, RENOVATED AND RE-PAINTED
- Trust fund/Scholarship
Purpose: Unknown or N/A
- YORKSHIRE HEROES VOL. II HISTORIC EAST RIDING TOWN OF BEVERLEY by MANN, MALCOLM K 114 Source: Image Library NIWM
This record comprises all information held by IWM’s War Memorials Register for this memorial. Where we hold a names list for the memorial, this information will be displayed on the memorial record. Please check back as we are adding more names to the database.
This information is made available under a Creative Commons BY-NC licence.
This means you may reuse it for non-commercial purposes only and must attribute it to us using the following statement:
For queries, please contact [email protected]