At present no image of this war memorial is available for online display. If you have a photograph of this war memorial, please send it to email@example.com for inclusion on the Register. The image will be credited to yourself and free for reuse for non-commercial purposes by others under the IWM Non Commercial Licence.
- White Marble tablet of classic dsign, surmounted by a sword in its scabbard carved in relief. The whole rests on a black pattress. The inscription is in Roman lettering
- TO THE GLORY OF GOD / AND / IN PROUD AND LOVING MEMORY OF / WILLOUGHBY THORNTON WRIGLEY, M.C. / CAPTAIN 5TH WILTS. REGT. / ELDEST SON OF THE VICAR OF THIS PARISH / REV. DAN WRIGLEY AND MATILDA FLORENCE / HIS WIFE. / HE SERVED THROUGH THE GREAT WAR / IN GALLIPOLI AND MESOPOTAMIA / 1914-1918 / AND SUBSEQUENTLY AS POLITICAL OFFICER / AT DELTAWA, DELI ABBAS AND MENDALI. / HE WAS KILLED BY REBELS AT SHAHRABAN IRAK / AUGUST 15TH 1920 AGED 25 YEARS. / PRO DEO. PRO REGE. PRO PATRIA.
- Inscription legible?
- Names on memorial
- Wrigley, Willoughby Thornton
- Terrorist Acts
Total names on memorial: 1
Served and returned: 0
Exact count: yes
Information shown: surname, rank, date of death, regiment, place of death, forenames, manner of death, age, relationships
Order of information: Undefined
- Terrorist Acts
Measurements: height 1800MM, width 1200MM
Materials: Marble - White
- Listing information
- This memorial is not currently listed. Find out how to nominate this memorial for inclusion on the National Heritage List for England
- More about listing and the protection of historic places can be found on the Historic England website
- Trust fund/Scholarship
Purpose: Unknown or N/A
- National Archives Document Reference-discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C1065974
- CWGC Entry-www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/casualty/635915/WRIGLEY, WILLOUGHBY THORNTON
This record comprises all information held by IWM’s War Memorials Register for this memorial. Where we hold a names list for the memorial, this information will be displayed on the memorial record. Please check back as we are adding more names to the database.
This information is made available under a Creative Commons BY-NC licence.
This means you may reuse it for non-commercial purposes only and must attribute it to us using the following statement:
For queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.