Use this image under non-commercial licence
This image was created and shared by: Russ Ralph
The image is free to reuse for non-commercial purposes under the IWM Non Commercial Licence. By downloading any images or embedding any media, you agree to the terms and conditions of the IWM Non Commercial Licence, including your use of the attribution statement specified by IWM. For this item, that is: © Russ Ralph (WMR-32020)
- Lancet-headed brass plaque with incised painted inscription in black and red. incised folaite border with Battle Honours to each side. Badge of the 43rd Regiment at top.
- THIS TABLET/ IS ERECTED BY THE OFFICERS, NON-COMMISSIONED OFFICERS/ AND MEN OF THE 1ST BATTN OXFORDSHIRE LIGHT INFANTRY TO THE/ MEMORY OF THEIR COMRADES WHO DIED IN BELOOCHISTAN BETWEEN/ 1ST MAY 1885 AND 1ST MARCH 1886/ (Names)
- Inscription legible?
- Colonial India
Total names on memorial: 91
Served and returned: 0
Exact count: yes
Information shown: surname,rank,forename
Order of information: rank
- Colonial India
Measurements: height C 6FT, width C 4FT
- Listing information
- 1ST BATTN OXFORDSHIRE LIGHT INFANTRY, Beloochistan (sic) 1885-6
- WMO ID: 92308
- Condition: Good [last updated on 18-04-2019]
- Help update these details if the condition is wrong
- Trust fund/Scholarship
Purpose: Unknown or N/A
This record comprises all information held by IWM’s War Memorials Register for this memorial. Where we hold a names list for the memorial, this information will be displayed on the memorial record. Please check back as we are adding more names to the database.
This information is made available under a Creative Commons BY-NC licence.
This means you may reuse it for non-commercial purposes only and must attribute it to us using the following statement:
For queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.