At present no image of this war memorial is available for online display. If you have a photograph of this war memorial, please send it to email@example.com for inclusion on the Register. The image will be credited to yourself and free for reuse for non-commercial purposes by others under the IWM Non Commercial Licence.
- STONE PEDESTAL SURMOUNTING A SQUARE STONE BASE UPON WHICH IS THE INSCRIPTION IN BLACK LETTERING. ON THE FRONT IS A CAST METAL HEAD OF A GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG
- 6 O'CLOCK FACE: JET OF IADA / DICKIN MEDAL AND MEDALLION / FOR VALOUR. FIRST RESCUE DOG / AIR RAIDS 2ND WORLD WAR. 9 O'CLOCK FACE: RESCUE DOG / WILLIAM PIT DISASTER / AUGUST 1947 12 O'CLOCK: LED BY CIVIL DEFENCE / THROUGH LONDON / IN / THE VICTORY PARADE / JUNE 1946. 3 O'CLOCK FACE: JET BELONGED / TO MANKIND / AND NEVER FAILED.
- Inscription legible?
- Animal Memorials
Total names on memorial: 1
Served and returned: 0
Exact count: yes
Information shown: Undefined
Order of information: Undefined
- Animal Memorials
Measurements: depth 680 MM, height 1210 MM, width 760 MM
- Listing information
- This memorial is not currently listed. Find out how to nominate this memorial for inclusion on the National Heritage List for England
- More about listing and the protection of historic places can be found on the Historic England website
- Trust fund/Scholarship
Purpose: Unknown or N/A
- LIVERPOOL CITY COUNCIL
- See file reference YDX 547 at Whitehaven Archive Centre
This record comprises all information held by IWM’s War Memorials Register for this memorial. Where we hold a names list for the memorial, this information will be displayed on the memorial record. Please check back as we are adding more names to the database.
This information is made available under a Creative Commons BY-NC licence.
This means you may reuse it for non-commercial purposes only and must attribute it to us using the following statement:
For queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.