At present no image of this war memorial is available for online display. If you have a photograph of this war memorial, please send it to email@example.com for inclusion on the Register. The image will be credited to yourself and free for reuse for non-commercial purposes by others under the IWM Non Commercial Licence.
- Black and white painted corrugated iron building with dark brown WW1 honour board mounted on internal wall.
- ROLL OF HONOUR/ 1914/ (Names)/ *DECEASED
- Inscription legible?
- Names on memorial
- Adams, John
Gladstone, W G C
See details for all 23 names
- First World War (1914-1918)
Total names on memorial: 23
Served and returned: 18
Exact count: yes
Information shown: surname,forename
Order of information: Undefined
- First World War (1914-1918)
Materials: Corrugated Iron
- Queensferry Memorial Institute
- WMO ID: 220410
- Condition: Undefined [last updated on 05-12-2017]
- Help update these details if the condition is wrong
- 2009: Exterior of the Institute was repainted as was one of the main rooms inside. Work was carried out by Community Payback workers doing community service. 2008: Refurbshment project carried out. Work included painting and other cosmetic improvements and the installation of a new dance floor. Structural repairs still need to be carried out but the committee is fundraising to get the work done as it is currently unable to afford the cost. 2009: Memorial is Grade II listed 2006/2007: The Institute was very cold and very expensive to heat in the winter due to poor insulation. A structural survey showed that if it was insulated costs could be reduced by 50%. The Knauf Insulation were approached by the chair of the restoration committee to get costings for the work and they offered to do it free of charge. 2001: The Institute's management committee are fundraising and drawing up plans and estimates to replace the Institute with a larger and more up-to-date community hall. 1999: Proposed resiting of the Institute is unlikely to go ahead. 1995: Discussions have taken place regarding the resiting of the Institute a few feet from its current site. They were instigated by Asda who have just built a new supermarket near the Institute
Comments: Institute was donated by Sir William Galdstone MP. Legal documents relating to the transfer of the land are held at Flintshire Record Office, Ref: D/HA/1475
- Trust fund/Scholarship
Purpose: Unknown or N/A
- INSTITUTE COMMITTEE
- Flintshire Record Office D/DM/532/9 - Souvenir Booklet
- Deeside Chronicle 19th May 2006
- Flintshire Leader 23 November 2009; 16 December 2009
- Flintshire Chronicle 01 December 2006; 17 December 2009
This record comprises all information held by IWM’s War Memorials Register for this memorial. Where we hold a names list for the memorial, this information will be displayed on the memorial record. Please check back as we are adding more names to the database.
This information is made available under a Creative Commons BY-NC licence.
This means you may reuse it for non-commercial purposes only and must attribute it to us using the following statement:
For queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.