Use this image under non-commercial licence
This image was created and shared by: JL Pyle JS Mawdaley
The image is free to reuse for non-commercial purposes under the IWM Non Commercial Licence. By downloading any images or embedding any media, you agree to the terms and conditions of the IWM Non Commercial Licence, including your use of the attribution statement specified by IWM. For this item, that is: © JL Pyle JS Mawdaley (WMR-1272)
Support the IWM War Memorial Register
Since 1988 IWM's War Memorials Register has been creating a national register of UK war memorials and the names of the individuals they commemorate. IWM needs your support to ensure that we can add to and maintain our these important records.
- Brass plaque with Regimental Memorial badge. Badge, in enamel, incorporates 8th Army shield, 4th Indian Division Eagle, a replica of original mariners leading mark (Hoylake Lighthouse ), supported by a 12-Pounder muzzle-loading gun, (badge of Artilleryman). A scroll bears the principal battle honours.
- MEMORIAL / 149TH REGIMENT / ROYAL HORSE ARTILLERY T.A. / CONVERTED TO / 149TH ANTI-TANK REGIMENT R.A. / LANCASHIRE YEOMANRY / TOBRUK SIEGE GAZALA / RUWEISAT RIDGE EL ALAMEIN / MARETH LINE WADI AKARIT / MEDJES EL BAB TUNIS / SANGRO CASSINO / GOTHIC LINE GREECE / ERECTED BY THE 149TH OLD COMRADES / ASSOCIATION IN MEMORY OF THEIR / FRIENDS WHO LAID DOWN THEIR LIVES / IN THE WAR 1939-1945 / REGIMENT FORMED AT HOYLAKE / APRIL 1939 - DISBANDED IN / SALONIC MAY 1946 / SHABASH / MEMORIAL ERECTED IN ST HILDERBURGH'S CHURCH HOYLAKE AND / DEDICATED ON THE 14TH MARCH 1991 BY THE REV. PERIS L. WILLIAMS / B.A. ASSISTED BY THE REV. CANON KENNETH LEE M.A. ACCOMPANIED / BY OLD COMRADES OF THE 149TH REGIMENT AND FRIENDS
- Inscription legible?
- Second World War (1939-1945)
Total names on memorial: 0
Served and returned: Undefined
Exact count: no
Information shown: Undefined
Order of information: Undefined
- Second World War (1939-1945)
Measurements: height 1400MM, width 700MM
- Listing information
- This memorial is not currently listed. Find out how to nominate this memorial for inclusion on the National Heritage List for England
- More about listing and the protection of historic places can be found on the Historic England website
- 149th Rha Old Comrades Association Hoylake
- WMO ID: 214400
- Condition: Undefined [last updated on 12-04-2016]
- Help update these details if the condition is wrong
- Trust fund/Scholarship
Purpose: Unknown or N/A
- Wirral Globe Newspapers- March 1991
- Liverpool Daily Post and Echo-March 1991
This record comprises all information held by IWM’s War Memorials Register for this memorial. Where we hold a names list for the memorial, this information will be displayed on the memorial record. Please check back as we are adding more names to the database.
This information is made available under a Creative Commons BY-NC licence.
This means you may reuse it for non-commercial purposes only and must attribute it to us using the following statement:
For queries, please contact [email protected]