At present no image of this war memorial is available for online display. If you have a photograph of this war memorial, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion on the Register. The image will be credited to yourself and free for reuse for non-commercial purposes by others under the IWM Non Commercial Licence.
- In the Crypt, Nelson Chamber east bay, a Baroque Aroque- style frame in marmalade coloured marble enclosing a relief sculpture. Sculpted marble and alabaster wall monument with relief of Florence Nightingale tending a wounded soldier, in an architectural setting. Relief, carved in white marble and with a round arched top, shows a woman holding a cup to a bed-ridden man with bandaged head. This is set in an architectural frame of orange-brown variegated alabaster with minor inner columns and large outer pilasters, all with foliated capitals, and shallow scrolled pediment. Frieze and base inscribed in painted gilt lettering.
- At top: BLESSED ARE THE MERCIFUL At bottom: FLORENCE NIGHTINGALE ...
- Inscription legible?
- Names on memorial
- Nightingale, Florence
- Non-Combat Deaths
Total names on memorial: 1
Served and returned: 0
Exact count: yes
Information shown: surname,forename
Order of information: Undefined
- Non-Combat Deaths
Materials: Marble and alabaster
- Listing information
- This memorial is not currently listed. Find out how to nominate this memorial for inclusion on the National Heritage List for England
- More about listing and the protection of historic places can be found on the Historic England website
- Trust fund/Scholarship
Purpose: Unknown or N/A
- ST PAUL'S CATHEDRAL by BURMAN, PETER P. 144 Source: Image Library NIWM
- St Paul's Cathedral Inventory Inv no.2368
This record comprises all information held by IWM’s War Memorials Register for this memorial. Where we hold a names list for the memorial, this information will be displayed on the memorial record. Please check back as we are adding more names to the database.
This information is made available under a Creative Commons BY-NC licence.
This means you may reuse it for non-commercial purposes only and must attribute it to us using the following statement:
For queries, please contact email@example.com.