Search over 1 million names listed on war memorials across the UK
How to find a name
- Start your search with a broad search for a name
- Narrow your search results by then using the filters supplied.
- In your search results, click on a record to open it and see whether it matches the information you are looking for
- To view all names in the War Memorial Register, leave the search bar empty
- Change how broad your search is. If your results don't seem relevant enough, use the filters to refine your search.
- Keyword searches will return matches across the whole name record. For example, a search for "Morley" will return instances where Morley is the first name or last name and names which appear on memorials in Morley, Yorkshire
- Use the surname filter to only return instances of your keyword in the surname field
- The location and memorial title filters will help to narrow down results to names in a specific location, or listed on a particular memorial.
What to do if you can't find a name
The War Memorials Register is unfinished there are lots of gaps in the information available.
If you’ve followed our advice and still been unable to find information on the topic you’re looking for, there’s a good chance no one has contributed information about it yet.
Please get in touch to send us information or photographs about names on your local war memorials.