Suitability: KS2 (year 5 and 6), SEN students working at KS2 or above
Branch: IWM Duxford
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cost: £125 per group (min 16 - max 35)
Bookings until December 2019 are now open.
- Wednesday 24 April 2019
- Wednesday 22 May 2019
- Wednesday 5 June 2019 (D-Day 75 Schools Special)
- Wednesday 26 June 2019
- Wednesday 17 July 2019
- Wednesday 25 September 2019
- Wednesday 30 October 2019
- Wednesday 20 November 2019
- Wednesday 11 December 2019
Fill out the Schools Visit Request Form to make a booking.
This interactive session is a unique chance to meet veterans and eyewitnesses to hear real stories of conflict and build on the Key Stage 2 curriculum through a cross-curricular approach.
“The session helped the pupils to think analytically and not just about history but about diversity, British values and life learning. They are now more aware of what is going on in the world and their place in it.” – Key Stage 2 Teacher
What do your students want to know about everyday life during conflict? This is a very special chance to meet veterans and eyewitnesses, hear their personal stories, ask questions, and discover historic objects.
An unforgettable experience.
This programme allows active exploration of curriculum subjects in relation to real historic artifacts within the museum and the real-life experiences of veterans and eyewitnesses.
Please note that due to the unique nature of this session, eyewitness availability may vary.
- Understand the impact of war on people’s lives and the variety of experiences
- Develop confidence in questioning and listening skills through collaborative conversations with adults and peers
- English: Spoken Language
- History: a study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066
- Citizenship: Preparing to play an active role as citizens