Suitability: Year 9 - Post 16. SEN students working at Year 9 or above
Branch: IWM North
Duration: 30 minutes
Cost: £40 per group of 20
Bookings between January – July 2018 are now open.
Fill out the Schools Visit Request Form to make a booking.
(Previously known as 'Guided Tour: Holocaust')
Through looking at the artifacts on display and hearing personal stories, students gain an insight into the impact of the Holocaust on survivors and their families.
Prior knowledge of the Holocaust is essential.
- To appreciate that the six million Jewish people murdered in the Holocaust were people not unlike themselves
- To develop an awareness of the other victim groups persecuted by the Nazis and their collaborators
- To understand the nature and extent of persecution by the Nazis and their collaborators across Europe
- To deepen understanding of the legacy of the Holocaust and how it continues to shape peoples lives
- KS3 History: Challenges for Britain, Europe and the wider World 1901 to the present day.
- KS4 History: British and the wider world depth studies.
- Literacy: Developing speaking and listening skills.
Resources for your visit
How To Make A Booking
- Fill out the Schools Visit Request Form
- You will receive a response within ten working days
- Please don't make travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation email with your Visit Confirmation Letter attached
- Read the booking Terms and Conditions