About this session
Students will deepen their understanding of how political, economic and social change in Germany affected the people who lived there. They will use artefacts and archive material to make links between individuals, groups and events.
- To gain an insight into the breadth of experience of people living in Germany at that time, through the personal stories of men, women and children
- To deepen understanding of the impact of propaganda and indoctrination in Nazi Germany
- To understand how changes in laws and policy impacted on different sections of society. Many were persecuted, while others prospered
National Curriculum Links
- Key Stage 3 History: Challenges for Britain, Europe and the wider world 1901 to the present day
- Literacy: Developing speaking and listening skills
Booking is easy, you just need to follow the link below. We look forward to welcoming you to IWM.
Please ensure you read the Teacher's Notes for Life in Germany 1919-1939 ahead of your visit.
Terms and Conditions
Please read our booking terms and conditions before your visit.