Suitability: KS3 - Post 16. SEN students working at KS3 or above.
Branch: IWM North
Duration: 45 minutes
Cost: £70 per group (min 16 - max 30)
Bookings between September – December 2018 are now open.
Fill out the Schools Visit Request Form to make a booking.
(Previously known as 'Learning from Artifacts: Life in Germany 1919-1939')
Students will deepen their understanding of how political, economic and social change in Germany affected the people who lived there. They will use artifacts and archive material to make links between individuals, groups and events.
- To gain an insight into the breadth of experience of people living in Germany at that time, through the personal stories of men, women and children
- To deepen understanding of the impact of propaganda and indoctrination in Nazi Germany
- To understand how changes in laws and policy impacted on different sections of society. Many were persecuted, while others prospered
- KS3 History: Challenges for Britain, Europe and the wider world 1901 to the present day.
- KS4 History: British and the wider world depth studies.
- Literacy: Developing speaking and listening skills.