(Previously known as 'The Holocaust Exhibition: An Introduction')
Suitability: KS3 (Year 9 - Year 13)
Branch: IWM London
Duration: 150 minutes
Cost: £70 per group of 30
Available: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (Term times only)
Through discussion and reflection students will prepare to visit The Holocaust Exhibition. Students are also given an audio guide to navigate their way through a chronological narrative of the Holocaust and deepen their understanding of events in Nazi-occupied Europe and beyond. Afterwards students will have the opportunity to reflect on the exhibition during a feedback discussion.
- Using of a range of evidence to reflect upon events of the Holocaust.
- Developing historical understanding of the Holocaust through group discussion focusing on themes such as historical significance, responsibility and survival.
- Deepen chronological understanding of the Holocaust.
- Sharing personal responses to The Holocaust Exhibition .
Suggested learning resources for use in the classroom:
- KS3 History: Challenges for Britain, Europe and the wider World 1901 to the present day.
- KS4 History: British and the wider world depth studies.
How To Make A Booking
Bookings for sessions up to December 2019 are now open.
Please note that this session will be unavailable from 1 - 14 July 2019 while IWM London’s The Holocaust Exhibition will close for two weeks. The Holocaust Exhibition will reopen on 15 July. Please note, that from 15 July - 26 August, there will be limited building work taking place in the exhibition, which may result in noise during your visit. We appreciate the sensitive nature of this exhibition, and all effort will be made to keep disruption to a minimum. We apologise for any inconvenience that these works may cause to your visit. If you have any questions, please contact customer services.
Read our Terms and Conditions
You will receive a response to your request within ten working days