Explore displays on First and Second World War themes such as the Blitz, evacuation, life on the home front, rationing and trench warfare. Studies of the inter-war period and modern conflict as well as cross-curricular subjects can also be enriched by a visit.
- Suitable for: Ages 7+ (Key stage 2 and above)
- Accessibility: IWM North is fully accessible to visitors. For more information see Accessibility
- Duration: An average school visit is approximately 3 hours
- Cost: A visit to IWM North is free
What to see
- Main Exhibition Space – Trace the history of conflict from 1914 to the present day by following the Timeline
- Discover more about key themes, such as women in wartime, the Empire and the legacy of war
- Big Picture Show – A 360° audio-visual experience in the Main Exhibition Space. The shows cover a range of subjects, including rationing, remembrance and life on the home front during the Second World War. Take a look at our Big Picture Show times
- Special Exhibition Gallery and WaterWay – These exhibitions change regularly
For further information visit our What to See pages.
What do we offer to booked groups and schools?
- Reserved coach parking (charges apply)
- A room for lunch (subject to availability)
- Activity trails
- Holocaust Learning sessions (cost involved)
- We Were There Learning sessions (cost involved)