A visit to IWM London may support studies of war and conflict from 1914 until the present day.
What to see at IWM London
- The Holocaust (self-guided entry for students in Year 12 and above)
- Peace and Security: 1945 to 2015
- The Lord Ashcroft Gallery: Extraordinary Heroes
- First World War Galleries
For further information visit our What's on pages.
To facilitate the development of IWM’s ground-breaking new Second World War and The Holocaust Galleries, which will be opening in 2021, the Secret War and Family in Wartime galleries at IWM London have closed permanently. Please contact customer services if you have any questions.
What do we offer to booked school groups?
- A room for lunch (subject to availability)
- A Meet and Greet service delivered daily by a specially trained group of IWM volunteers. You will be greeted upon arrival, provided with essential practical information for your visit, and introduced to the site through an object on gallery, sparking historical inquiry, and an understanding of causes and consequences, chronology and historical significance.
Planning your visit
We encourage teachers to conduct pre-visit planning and to write a Risk Assessment using our Risk Identification page for assistance.
Digital Learning Resources
You might want to use our free digital learning resources which can be used to help inspire your visit.
Request a Visit
Fill out our Schools Visit request form to check availability.