School trips, youth and adult groups can discover the unique, top-secret corridors of Churchill War Rooms with a self-guided visit.
A self-guided visit to Churchill War Rooms is suitable for ages 7+ (Key Stage 2 above) and may support various areas of study including:
- The Second World War
- Winston Churchill
- British government
When you book a self-guided school visit your group will be given audio guides and you can choose between a variety of languages.
Please allow at least 45 minutes to explore the Cabinet War Rooms and a further 45 minutes to view the Churchill Museum.
Please note: There are no lunchroom facilities available at Churchill War Rooms.
Adult leaders must stay with their students at all times while on site.
Things to explore
As part of your self-guided visit to Churchill War Rooms you can explore:
- The Cabinet Room - Stand inches away from the room where some of the most important war-time decisions were made
- The award-winning Churchill Museum - Divided into chapters including War Leader, Young Churchill and Maverick Politician, entry is included in your Churchill War Rooms ticket
- Churchill's bedroom - Get up close to where the famous war leader slept
- The Map Room - Discover the beating heart of the War Rooms, the Map Room, which was in use 24 hours a day
- Get up close to the world famous door - See the original Number 10 Downing Street door in the Churchill Museum
For further information visit our What's Here page.
Accessibility at Churchill War Rooms
We are committed to ensuring Churchill War Rooms is accessible to as many visitors possible. If you have mobility issues we recommend you make your way to our front entrance via Birdcage Walk by St James's Park. Once inside, the historic Churchill War Rooms is wheelchair accessible throughout.
Please visit our accessibility page for more information.
Audio guides are included with all self-guided tickets and provide an insight into Churchill’s Cabinet War Rooms. Featuring highlights for this historic setting, the audio guide delves into Churchill’s life and the decisions he made which changed the course of history.
Audio guides are included in your admission price and you can choose between a variety of languages, (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Hebrew, Portuguese and Mandarin). Visitors aged under twelve are provided with a Family audio guide. Descriptive guides are available for visitors with visual impairment
Gift bags are available from the Churchill War Rooms shop and can be reserved when booking your visit. They cost £5 each and can be paid for in advance or invoiced afterwards.
Souvenir gift bag
- Central Map Room Postcard
- Beauty Chorus Postcard
- Cabinet Room magnet
- Mini notepad
- Red grip pen
Book your self-guided visit
To book your self-guided visit to Churchill War Rooms you will need to fill in a visit request form, this is available on our Plan and book a school visit to Churchill War Rooms page.
For further information please contact: [email protected].