A visit to IWM Churchill War Rooms may support studies of the Second World War home front, Winston Churchill or British government and politics.
- Suitable for: Ages 7+ (Key stage 2 and above)
- Accessibility: The site is fully accessible for wheelchairs. For more information see our Accessibility pages.
- Duration: Allow at least 45 minutes to explore the Cabinet War Rooms and a further 45 minutes to view the Churchill Museum.
- The audio guide provides insight into Churchill’s Cabinet War Rooms. Featuring highlights for this historic setting, it provides insight into Churchill’s life and the decisions he made which changed the course of history.
- Audio guides are included in your admission price and you can choose between a variety of languages, (English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Hebrew, Portuguese and Mandarin).
- Visitors aged under twelve are provided with a Family audio guide.
- Descriptive guides are available for visitors with visual impairment
What to see
As part of your visit you can explore:
- The Cabinet War Rooms, where Churchill, the coalition government and chiefs of staff plotted the war.
- Undercover: Life in Churchill’s Bunker exhibition - oral histories, film interviews and personal objects tell the stories of some of the hundreds of staff who worked in the secret headquarters.
- The Churchill Museum, hear extracts from Churchill’s rousing wartime speeches.
- Lifeline interactive allows you to open documents, photos and film clips as well as find hidden animations.
What do we offer to booked groups and schools?
- Discounted entry.
- Audio guide
- Read our Terms and Conditions