Suitability: KS2 (Year 5 and 6) SEN students working at KS2 or above.
Branch: IWM London
Duration: 60 minutes
Cost: £70 per group of 30
Available: Wednesdays (Term times only)
Bookings between September – December 2018 are now open.
Fill out the Schools Visit Request Form to make a booking.
Students in years 5 and 6 will have the opportunity to meet a Second World War eyewitness who can answer students' questions and share their memories of evacuation and life on the home front.
- To develop an understanding of the Home Front in the Second World War by meeting an eyewitness.
- To acquire further information from the eyewitnesses by forming enquiry questions.
- To reflect on what has been discovered as part of a group discussion.
- English: Spoken Language
- History: a study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066
- Citizenship: Preparing to play an active role as citizens
How To Make A Booking
- Fill out the Schools Visit Request Form
- You will receive a response within ten working days
- Please don't make travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation email with your Visit Confirmation Letter attached
- Read the booking Terms and Conditions