Bookings between January – July 2018 are now open.
Read our Terms and Conditions
You will receive a response within ten working days
Students in years 5 and 6 will have the opportunity to meet a Second World War eyewitness who can answer students' questions and share their memories of evacuation and life on the home front.
- To develop an understanding of the Home Front in the Second World War by meeting an eyewitness.
- To acquire further information from the eyewitnesses by forming enquiry questions.
- To reflect on what has been discovered as part of a group discussion.
Suggested learning resources for use in the classroom:
- The 1940s House learning resource
- Second World War Posters learning resources
- The British Home Front during the Second World War
English: Spoken Language
History: a study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066
Citizenship: Preparing to play an active role as citizens
Duration: 60 minutes
Cost: £70 per group of 30
Key Stage Suitability: KS2 (Year 5 and 6) SEN students working at KS2 or above.
Branch: IWM London
Available: Wednesdays (Term times only)