A series of trails have been created to help your students explore IWM North. Our trails encourage your students to look closely at some key items on display linked to a particular theme.
Please download the ones you would like to use, print them and bring them with you. We have also provided answer sheets.
- To help with flow around the displays, you may want to use more than one trail. This will let your groups all explore IWM North at the same time but each with a different focus.
- You may like your class to relate their findings to each other back at school.
- Don't forget to bring your pencils!
Key stage two
- Blitz trail
- Blitz trail teachers notes
- Rationing trail
- Rationing trail teachers notes
- First World War trail
- First World War teachers notes
Key stage three
- First World War Home Front trail
- First World War Home Front teachers notes
- First World War Life in the Trenches trail
- First World War Life in the Trenches teachers notes
- Holocaust trail
- Holocaust trail teachers notes
- Preparing for a Holocaust related visit
- Cold War trail
- Cold War trail teachers notes