Responding to Covid-19 at IWM North
Customer Safety is Our Priority
We’ll continue to adapt and review our response to COVID-19 in line with government advice, as well as your valued feedback. Please check back regularly for the most up to date information. All measures detailed below are in accordance with current government advice.
Latest Updates (September 2020)
- Currently all events and experiences at IWM North will go ahead, with some changes to planned attendance numbers. These are outlined in the policies below.
- Tickets are on sale now for events and experiences.
- Please refer to the event page for the most up to date information specific to your activity and what to bring.
- The number of available tickets has been reduced to enable IWM to alter the event’s overall capacity as required.
- By restricting the number of attendees, we are better able to ensure our customers are as safe as possible during the event.
Social Distancing, Queue & Crowd Management
This reduction in numbers enables us to put in place the following measures:
- Visitors are required to observe suitable social distancing measures as a condition of entry. Those who do not will be removed so that we meet necessary health and safety standards for staff and visitors.
- Accessibility policies will be updated in line with government advice.
To underpin our social distancing policy, we will also:
- Ensure adequate staff numbers on site to help enforce our social distancing policy outlined above.
- Staff will be easily identifiable and will adhere to social distancing regulations. Where staff are in direct contact with the public, they will be provided with suitable personal protection equipment (PPE) to keep you and them safe.
- There will be hand sanitiser stations at the entrances and around the site. Where possible, we encourage visitors to also bring their own hand sanitisers to keep with them and use throughout the event.
- These sanitiser stations will be topped up prior to the event, with visitors encouraged to use the sanitiser on entry and exit.
- Event spaces will be thoroughly cleaned before and after the event.
Please help us by using hand sanitiser, washing hands thoroughly, observing social distancing markers, and where possible, please bring and use your own PPE. Together we can make this event as safe as possible.
Symptoms and Illness
Following government and Public Health England guidance, if you have a temperature, cough or shortness of breath, please do not attend the event to protect our staff and visitors.
If you have any of the above symptoms 14 days before the event, you should self-isolate.
For more advice and information on COVID-19 symptoms, please check the official websites below:
In order to keep our visitors and staff safe, we have introduced a range of measures that will ensure that our events and experiences are delivered in a responsible, safe and socially distanced manner.
We’ll continue to adapt and review our response to COVID-19 based on advice from Public Health England, as well as your valued feedback. All measures detailed below are in accordance with current Government advice. Please check back regularly for the most up to date information.
The following changes to our operational procedure have been put in place for the following events:
- Social distancing will be observed throughout the activity.
- Hand sanitising units will be nearby in order to ensure hygiene
- Story seeker materials are single use and will either be taken home or disposed of by the visitor in bins provided.
- The Storyseeker “trolley” will be wiped down regularly during the day
- The amount of materials in the activity area will be limited to the number of participants and replenished from a non-public area as required.
- Whilst the activity does not need pre booked (All family programmes are free to all visitors) a queuing system may be put in place to accommodate busy periods.