1. Who we are
We are Imperial War Museums and its wholly owned commercial arm, Imperial War Museums Trading Company Limited.
2. Visitor Information and the Purpose of this Policy
- In order to assist with work to limit the spread of Covid-19, we are introducing booking at all our sites, including our non-charging branches IWM London and IWM North.
- This will involve the collection of visitor data that we haven’t collected before, or the reuse of data we normally collect for different purposes.
This policy is effective from 9 July 2020 until further notice.
3. Who to contact with questions about how your data is used
If you have any queries about the content of this policy, or how your data is managed, you can contact our Data Protection Officer, Jon Card, Executive Director of Collections and Governance by email: email@example.com or in writing at Imperial War Museum, Lambeth Road, London SE1 6HZ The information we are collecting from visitors and contractors
From our reopening until further notice, we will be asking all adult visitors to IWM sites to provide the following information:
- Contact details (name and telephone number and address)
- Time of entry into the building and, if possible, the time of departure
Visitors to the IWM galleries at all our branches, including non-charging branches at IWM London and IWM North, will be asked to book a timed slot via our website.
Contractors, business visitors will be asked for their information on arrival. Visitors arriving without prior booking may be allowed in as space permits. They will also be asked for this information on arrival. This is voluntary as it is only needed for the Test and Trace scheme.
4. How your information will be used by IWM
Pre booking information will be used by IWM to manage numbers and regulate visitor flow around the galleries. It may also be used to invite you to take part in a visitor feedback survey, which will help future planning of our visitor offer. Participation in this survey is optional and you will receive no further contact from IWM about this should you not wish to take part.
5. The NHS Test and Trace programme
IWM is participating in the NHS Test and Trace programme. This means that should someone visiting any IWM site be diagnosed with Covid-19, IWM may be asked by the NHS to provide the names and contact details (telephone number or email address) of those on our premises (gallery visitors, business visitors, staff and contractors) at the same time so they can be contacted and informed.
Details of the NHS Test and Trace Programme can be found here
6. How long your data is kept and where it is stored
- Visitor booking information for non-charging branches (IWM London and IWM North) which is collected solely for visitor planning and the NHS Test and Trace programme is kept for 21 days from the date of your visit and then deleted.
- Contractor data and data relating to non gallery (ie business) visitors to all branches is kept for the same period of time.
Your data is stored on IWM systems, either on the IWM network or in cloud storage in the European Economic Area. Use of cloud based systems is governed by a contract with clauses designed to safeguard your data.
7. Your rights over your data
GDPR gives you certain rights over this use of your data. You have the right to:
- Have a copy of the personal information IWM holds about you.
- Correct inaccurate information or have incomplete information completed.
- Have your data erased (‘right to be forgotten or ‘right to erasure’) in certain circumstances. However please bear in mind that data that may be requested by NHS Test and Trace is deleted after 21 days.
- Restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Object to the processing of your personal information.
If you wish to exercise or ask about any of these rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer, using the details given above.
If you are unhappy about the response you receive from IWM, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s office by writing to the Information Commissioner at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, or via their website.
8. Date of policy
This policy was agreed on 08 July 2020 and will be reviewed regularly.