Thank you for thinking of donating an item to our collections.
Donated objects are recorded, preserved and cared for to the highest standards. However, this comes at a high cost, forcing us to be selective about what we can now accept into our keeping.
Any new donations accepted into our care must represent a meaningful addition to the collection, providing insights into the human experience of war and conflict and the impact it has had on people’s lives.
Please use our online donations form to tell us about your offer. Our experts will review this information and get back to you if they are interested in finding out more.
Please note we are unable to accept offers by post or in person at IWM North.
If you want to talk to IWM about donating material for The Holocaust Galleries please send us an email and a member of the team will get in touch.
Before filling in the form, please take a look at the checklist below to make sure you can provide the following information.
Object donation checklist
- Can you describe what it is?
- Do you know who made it?
- Do you know its history?
- Are there any personal stories associated with it?
- Where did you get it from?
- Can you confirm you or the legal owner would be happy to transfer ownership of the item permanently to IWM?
- Can you provide a digital image of it, including close up shots of any identifying marks?
- Can you describe its physical condition, including whether it is in good/fair/poor condition?
How to Offer
Find out how to offer material to IWM.
What We Are Collecting
Find our what IWM is currently collecting.