Single-engine (Royal Aircraft Factory 1a air-cooled V-8) biplane, WW1 British reconnaissance aircraft, crew of 2.
Entry into service not known. First log book available is from 1917.
History as follows:
27 Feb 1917 in service with No.50 Home Defence Squadron RFC.
24 April 1918 transferred to No.190 Night Training Squadron.
16 October 1918 to No.192 Night Training Squadron.
13 March 1919 to No.51 Squadron RAF.
13 May 1919 following a forced landing was withdrawn from service.
The log book details various works carried out on the aircraft,
As the aircraft has varying date stamps and transfers it is a possibility that it was rebuilt with any spares around during a major overhaul in June 1918.
Aircraft service history held in IWM London Rare Books store:
Aeroplane log book ref: 18(41).29