1 drum, 2 drumsticks
Large tenor drum made by Henry Potter & Co. -London, consisting of a painted red/black/white wooden cylinder with pale animal skin membrane stretched over both open ends, a length of white painted rope is woven all around the sides looping through drilled holes and over small metal plates around the rim of the drum, one side of the drum bears a large painted badge of H.M.S. LONDON with the names and dates of significant battles on either side of it, the centre of the badge bears a shield with the St George Cross with a dragon on either side, the drum is complete with polished wood drumsticks stamped 'POTTER LONDON' on the handles.
British Navy relic.
(drum) H.M.S. LONDON. CAMPERDOWN 1643. DE RUYTER 1673. ST JAMES'S DAY 1666. BARFLEUR 1692. SOLE BAY 1672. ISLE CROIX 1795. SEVASTOPOL 1854. DARDANELLES 1915.