A silver medallion bearing on one side the coat of arms of the town of Compiègne. This consists of a shield on which is a large cat and above it a crown. Above the crown there is a banner bearing the words 'Regi et Regno Fidelissima' (Very faithful to the King and Kingdom). The shield is surmounted by a crown which resembles a castle. At the top of the medallion are the words ' Ville de Compiègne'. Entwined round the bottom of the shield are oak branches and laurel branches. On the reverse of the medallion is the following inscription: 'Manoeuvres de 1906/ A Mr Le Lt. General Sir John French/ La municipalité de compiègne'. On this side there are also entwined branches of oak and laurel leaves.
Front: Ville de Compiègne
Regi et Regno Fidelissima
Back: Manoeuvres de 1906
A Mr Le Lt. General Sir John French
La municipalité de compiègne