Dark gilt small domed cap button for officers of the Queen's Dragoon Guards, on which embossed a St. Edward's (Queen's) crown superimposed over the upper point of a diamond cut eight-point Garter Star over the centre of which a circular Garter on which the motto, in the centre the letters Q above DG all in Gothic lettering. Captioned: "Cap". Fixed shank to reverse.
Box 4: Mounting card captioned: "1st The Queen's Dragoon Guards Officers" on which 6 badges (10042-10047). Reverse with a green sealing wax seal of an oval on which MINISTRY OF DEFENCE / PATTERN ROOM, with across the centre, ARMY / OFFICERS. To the top left corner an oval stamp "Q (Maint) 2 / MINISTRY OF DEFENCE" across the centre "4 May 1970".
1st. The Queen's Dragoon Guards was formed on 1 January 1959 by the amalgamation of the two senior Line Cavalry regiments, 1st King's Dragoon Guards and the Queen's Bays (2nd Dragoon Guards).