White crossed kukris on brown patch (faded).
Worn by 2 Lt Prince while serving in Malaya with 1st Bn Sherwood Foresters, Feb 1960 - Jun 1961
99th Gurkha Brigade was formed in Malaya in September 1952 and came under command 17th Gurkha Division, itself formed at that time from South Malaya District. The Brigade transferred to Borneo in December 1962 and is joined by 17 Gurkha Division by February 1964. By January 1965 the Brigade is known as West Brigade, part of British Land Forces Borneo. Nothing further known.
Note that 1 Sherwoods appear not to have served in 99 Bde. Possibly a staff posting to Bde. HQ?